€20.000/$25.000 fair price for a 91 coupe?

cmr

no mods, same owner from 91-02, ran 63.000 kms/39.400 mls
second owner (since 02) is a japanese engineer living in europe
full honda service history
described as very well taken care (e.g. replaced driving belt at 65.000 kms/40.600 mls, 50% of lifetime as suggested by honda)
now with 80.000 kms / 50.000 mls
new tyres, new paint job (red as original)
should I drive 1.100 kms/700 mls to take a look at it?

Why the paint job?
Aside from what might have been involved with that - slightly better than fair.

cmr said:
that's a good point.
let's hope that's just the punishing sun of southern spain over a 15 year old red.

Was the car garaged or not garaged? If there is a valid reason for the paint job other than major accident then I would say its better than fair.

nsxtasy said:
I have no idea how prices in Europe compare with those in North America.

Well, generally I'd say that cars in Europe are more expensive, even excluding tax issues. We pay more than $11 per cc (of engine capacity) to get a licence plate in Portugal plus 21% VAT on top, so only rich people drive anything bigger than a 2.0.

However the $25.000 price tag on this NSX doesn't take that into account.

Particularly the NSX should be best valued because it selled so little. According to the information I have there are no more than 15 NSXs in Spain (40 million people, dont know how many cars) and no more than 5 in Portugal (10 million people) where I come from and live.

I think this is as low as it can go. The least I've seen people asking for a 91 was $34.000. This guy was asking $31.000 and he dropped it to $25.000.

So I guess this is it. I'm gonna drive my 06' honda accord tourer i-ctdi for 700 mls (biggest tryp ever with it) and take a look at the NSX.

I wish I could know how to dismiss the crash possibility :frown:

Do you have a link to it? Or pics. At first sight it sounds to be a good one. Price is very fair for a Europe car in good condition.

goldNSX said:
Do you have a link to it? Or pics. At first sight it sounds to be a good one. Price is very fair for a Europe car in good condition.

thanks for your input.

I don't have any pics nor link.

and there's an update: the guy says the official service book was lost :mad: by the previous owner but he has invoices (certainly not all) that prove the services.

I guess it is the NSX which I considered some weeks ago...

http://www.mobile.de/SIDnqhBbt69gWon0nAnAWnTAw-t-vaNexlCsAsCsK%F3P%F3R~BmSB11Iindex_cgiJ1156199836A1Iindex_cgiD1100CCarX-t-vctpLtt~BmPA1A1B20B18%81H-t-vCaMiMkQuSeUnVb_X_Y_x_y~BSRA6D1100B15E11000BGNCPKWA0HinPublicA2A0A0A0/cgi-bin/da.pl?bereich=pkw&sr_qual=GN&top=4&id=11111111158179131&

It is located in Spain. The vendor is a dealer in Frankfurt and sells this car for a customer. It is offered for 27700€, but as I called him the price dropped minute by minute and ends by 22000€ . He told me he considers already to fly to Spain and bring the car to Germany. According to the pictures the car seems to be good in shape.

I do not know the current status whether the car is now in Frankfurt or not, - if so, I can do a preinspection for you with detailed pictures, so you can consider if its worth. But concluding your posting its still in Spain.

Regards Michael

goldNSX said:
But the add states 1st owner. :confused:

1st owner, -maybe !

All too often a dealer put 1st owner in the add "by mistake" :biggrin:
Once you read it, you will not ask for it, the trivials appear little by little when you are ready to buy.
But I will not argue something wrong!

If its not the same car then its another bargain ?!

Regards Michael

MikeW said:
If its not the same car then its another bargain ?!

Not sure, but funny enough that the price dropped on the phone like a waterfall. :D I'd be cautious anyway because the car has to be in D first to have a look at and no dealer would do that for nothing. There's always a reason why sth is cheap. :)

I agree with you and would be very cautious either...

But apart from latent defects there could be reasons for your benefit as well.
I have seen NSX offered for longer than one year and a dealers which has no NSXperiences could suffer more on the fixed capital in such an amount as on the loss of his speculated profit.
In case of commision the client could be in need of money and gave the dealer a low minimum. Look at my case...:My preowner had my car just for two month till he was faced with some peanuts to fix (costs:eek:) and sold the car to me for a very fair price. I am the 3rd owner now and as I called the first owner to get some more information of my car, he said he has sold this car with tears under urgent need of money and for a really low price since his brother has been engaged to sell this car for many months without success. My preowner gained about 4000€:eek: and I have not payed too much...
The winner in selling NSX is always the one who has the time and time is money.

Surely you need to inspect the car best you can but if it looks good for its price and there is nothing down the drain take your chance.
Perhaps you are a lucky devil like my preowner...

Regards Michael

Back