• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi NSX For Sale - IL

Not mine. See e-mail below (edited for irrelevant content).

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: Zanardi for Sale

Ken

I was writting to mention I saw a Zanardi for sale at Luxury Motors in Downers Grove. It has about 10,000 miles, an aftermarket exhaust and is sporting Yoko A022 tires. It looked to be in 9 out of 10 condition. The asking price is 62,900. The contact is Robbie Abbas 630-241-4848.

Would you let the NSX community know it is for sale. I have been very pleased with my Zanardi.

Tim

Originally posted by Nimbus:
Anyone know the history of this Zanardi?
All I know is, it's been on the market for quite some time now. Maybe the price is high...don't know. The car market is doing too well these days

Nimbus, don't know the accident history of the car, but agree that I've see the car on the lot for the last four-odd months. Even if the car seems a 9 out of 10, you've gotta wonder why the car isn't moving.

Additionally, I've heard some slightly scary stories about the types of cars that LM stocks. All hearsay, but scary nontheless.

Proceed, but with caution. My $0.02.

Regards.

I too had heard stories about Luxury Motors but never from the source, only online (and they almost scared me away). When they got my car in I was skeptical, becuase it only had 15,000 miles. Carfax determined one owner just like they said. I talked with him (the orig owner) and the original dealer and the car checked out clear. I dealt with Ricky over there and he has been awesome. He called me the following day to make sure I liked the car and he called again to check on it for the one month anniversary of the purchase. Just my story, but those guys were very nice to me and have been great after the sale too. I'd buy from them again.
As for that Zanardi, I did not drive it or look too close, but it looked pretty sweet. I was afraid if I drove it I would want it, and I really wanted to stay away from red. I think it has been there for so long becuase they own it for a bunch of money. They started out asking $67,000, now it is down to $62,000. I am sure they would take $60,000....

Old news!!
biggrin.gif

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004652.html

Originally posted by bayareansx1999:
the car looks like it has more than 10k miles. take a look at the leather seat, it looks very worn out.

You would see this look on a low milage Zanardi. What you're seeing is typical of the Zanardi "suede" inserts. It looks "worn", especially in pictures, because of the way the suede shows every rub, just like some carpets show every foot print. Also, in the same picture, there's a vertical wrinkle in the front part of the bottom seat cushion, again something common to the Zanardi seats.

------------------
John Anderson
93 wht/blk
99 Zanardi #45

Originally posted by John Anderson:
You would see this look on a low milage Zanardi. What you're seeing is typical of the Zanardi "suede" inserts. It looks "worn", especially in pictures, because of the way the suede shows every rub, just like some carpets show every foot print. Also, in the same picture, there's a vertical wrinkle in the front part of the bottom seat cushion, again something common to the Zanardi seats.

oops, didnt know that the Zanardi edition has different seats. I still like the pre 00 model seats better without the preferation. they look cool with the wrinkles =-)

I would not buy my dog a dog house from Luxury Motors. Stay away - they are all auction cars that are passed over by the franchised dealers. I know from experience.

For what this is worth...

I was at Luxury Motors over the weekend test driving a different car (hey, it's my hobby!) and took a quick look at the Zanardi. It was about 95 degrees out & I didn't spend much time looking at it, but it appeared to be in semi-decent shape on the outside. It did have some stone chips & needed a coat of wax VERY bad. But I do agree with Wildrice about these guys & their cars being pretty shady (even though they do have quite a collection of hot cars)...

Originally posted by NotFast:
For what this is worth...

I was at Luxury Motors over the weekend test driving a different car (hey, it's my hobby!) and took a quick look at the Zanardi. It was about 95 degrees out & I didn't spend much time looking at it, but it appeared to be in semi-decent shape on the outside. It did have some stone chips & needed a coat of wax VERY bad. But I do agree with Wildrice about these guys & their cars being pretty shady (even though they do have quite a collection of hot cars)...

that sounds kinda of shady right there. if they are selling a car so expensive, they should atleast make it look decent by waxing the car and doing all the necessary touchup to make the car sell.

I did an inspection of this car for an out-of-town buyer a couple of days after I posted about it here. I thought the car was in superb condition, with the only major blemish the few paint chips here and there. I thought the finish looked to be in excellent shape; what it needed was not a coat of wax, but washing; there was a layer of light surface dust/dirt on it. (The dealership is on a major commercial street and the car was perhaps 10-12 feet from the traffic lanes.) They offered to wash it for me before I looked at it, but I declined.

The car was subsequently inspected by Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates, and they noticed a few more very minor items. The out-of-town buyer bought the car and it just arrived today at his home in Louisiana. He is extremely pleased with his purchase.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 01 August 2002).]

Back