Zanardi #8 - Anyone know its history? JH4NA2120XT000134

Hello,

I believe the Zanardi #8 is being sold through Glendale Mitsubishi. If that is the one, I test drove it last weekend. The car drove like a dream, and really convinced me that I need to stop looking to buy another Supra Twin Turbo and aim for an NSX.

About the car: I looked it over VERY carefully with a fine comb, and found many issues with it. Looks like the car has been repainted, and I found hints of bondo use on the driver side rear quarter panel. If I were you, I would stay away...zanardi or not! Found lots of overspray in between the panels. Other than the repaint, the car looks excellent....but again, it has been through something which demanded bondo in the rear quarter panel and a complete repaint....

fyi,

Jack

it is disturbing I agree....but hey, you would have to look for the imperfections in the respray very closely to find out...however, the bondo on the rear quarter panel is EXTREMELY disturbing...very bad job there...

Jack

I checked it out two weeks ago on a Friday and didn't bother to drive it. By the way, I also took a side trip to check out the EVO and the receptionist.

The car was definitely repainted. I looked under the hood and found the radiator and bumper had been removed and replaced, possible front end demaged plus more. Other than putting it on a rack, I couldn't tell if there were any underside damage and repair. This car has a clean title (Carfax) and it shouldn't have any frame damage. If you don't mind fender bender and willing to make an offer, you should bring it to a bodyshop for a detail inspection.

Carfax stated that the Z-08 was a California lease vehicle and was leased on 3-24-99. It was sold to Mitsubishi through an auction on April 1, 03. Most likely it was a 4 year lease with 7500 miles/year.

Here's my 10 minutes inspection on the NSX.

JH4NA2120XT000134-a.jpg

http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_cardetail.html?x_dealer_id=AAD_h&vinNum=JH4NA2120XT000134

There are custom fog lights in the front too. I don't like the idea of someone drilling holes and mounting those lights.

Taj said:
I checked it out two weeks ago on a Friday and didn't bother to drive it. By the way, I also took a side trip to check out the EVO and the receptionist.

I did the same! and yes she was pretty hot! both the evo and the receptionist...the dealer must have been smoking crack when they were pricing the evo by the way...$45k!!!!!!

How does approx 4k miles, No accidents ever, clean title, 1 owner sound. 60k woul probably take 58k sound?
I am looking at one with this description.

len3.8 said:
How does approx 4k miles, No accidents ever, clean title, 1 owner sound. 60k woul probably take 58k sound?
I am looking at one with this description.

Are you describing another Zanardi that's for sale? If you pass on it, please give me the contact info. Thanks.

Nimbus, sorry to bust in on your thread. I was just trying to get a feel for the prices on these cars. I am looking at one for a 2nd NSX. I am trying to justify the $$$$.
If I don't get it I will PM you with some info.
Len

Nimbus,

I was at your neighborhood on Saturday. Give me a PM if you want to have a second set of eyes to check out a potential buy.

len3.8 said:
Nimbus, sorry to bust in on your thread. I was just trying to get a feel for the prices on these cars. I am looking at one for a 2nd NSX. I am trying to justify the $$$$.
If I don't get it I will PM you with some info.
Len

Not a problem. Please do let me know on the other Zanardi if you pass on it. I've been searching for a late model coupe for a while now.

Taj said:
Nimbus,

I was at your neighborhood on Saturday. Give me a PM if you want to have a second set of eyes to check out a potential buy.

Sure, another set of eyes never hurts. If I get another NSX, it'll be my 4th. I pretty much know the car inside out myself. ;)

Hello everyone,

Just a small bit of additional information on the #8 Zanardi. I went back to the dealership last night to check out the titanium shift knob (I may buy one for my NSX). Anyway, I got into a bit of a debate on the condition of the Zanardi #8 with the manager of the dealership. I told him the word was out on that car in the NSX community, and he will be hard pressed to sell it to a true NSX "lover." I think he realizes the poor example of an NSX he has. In a nutshell, he wants to sell it to a "sucker", and he admitted to this!!!!!!!!

Finally, I got him to tell me how much he paid for it. $38k. Just an FYI.

Jack

I'm visiting my folks in LA and drove by Glendale Mitsu today. I did see this car (as pictured) back in April and today it wasn't parked in its spot but along a row of cars. Looks like someone else may be test driving it. I wanted to stop by and take a look at the car but had to be someplace else.

Back