Zanardi 5,000 mile value

Hello everyone on my first post... I am considering the purchase of a Zanardi with approx 5,500 miles in like new condition with no damage history. The car has approx $35,000-$40,000 of Comptech extras installed by the first owner, an elderly Acura dealership owner. The car has had light street use only. The Comptech extras are-

• Supercharger
  • Stainless Steel Headers
  • Gen II Stainless Catback Exhaust System
  • High Flow Airbox – Carbon Fiber
  • Powergrip 2 Clutch
  • Non-Compliance Toe Link Kit
  • Non-Compliance Rear Beam
  • Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit
  • Performance Steel Brake Lines
  • Transmission with 4.55 Ring and Pinion

I know you guys are the NSX gurus, what do you think is a correct/fair retail value in today's market? Are the Comptech extras a plus or minus? I have owned several NSX models in the early/late 90's so I am very familiar with them, but have mainly been a Porsche guy. I have had my eye open for a top notch low mile Zanardi for quite some time. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

My opinion....if you can afford Zanardi #37, buy it, enjoy it, don't look back and as long as it brings a smile to your face that is all that matters.

The fact that you have had your eye open for one means you know they don't pop up that often.

Are they still asking $97k?

This car is very very rare. And one of a kind with that mileage. You will get all sorts of answers here, because no one really knows. There are no comparable models you can compare to for selling price. There are the guys that will quote low and quote high. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for such a rare item. I would guess, personally, this car will highly appreciate in value but it must stay OEM and low mileage. As much as I like my supercharger, it is on a car that is driven and tracked. You can't drive or track this car if you plan on retaining its value. Which by my guess... is north of 80K for sure, and as high as 110-120. However of you don't care so much about value retention and want to drive it, what's better than a lightened coupe with a 3.2, 6 speed, supercharger, and upgraded bushings. Should be a thrill to track such a car. If you can afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

4.55 ring and pinion is somewhat unnecessary with that supercharger IMO.

Last edited:
4.55 ring and pinion is absolutely unnecessary with that supercharger. May even be a detriment.
I respectfully disagree Dave.
When I was BBSC the 4.55's gave the car a definite immediacy. After I went turbo that is where I needed to go back to OEM FD.
The turbo made the 4.55's superfluous.
My experience, YMMV.

It believe some members have seen the car at the track, fwiw, so the seller isn't being honest on that front. but where else are you going to find a 5,000 mile zanardi...

I respectfully disagree Dave.
When I was BBSC the 4.55's gave the car a definite immediacy. After I went turbo that is where I needed to go back to OEM FD.
The turbo made the 4.55's superfluous.
My experience, YMMV.

Curt while it may have a sense of immediacy, I don't think it's good use of the torque curve especially on a 6 speed. The BBSC does not produce the torque of the CTSC either. I guess it's a personal call, I don't think it's necessary. I think it would require too much shifting and cause unnecessary highway drone. But I respect the fact that you may have a different opinion on it. I personally wouldn't do it but perhaps to some it may be a plus.

Mr. RPM, allow me to apologize for this juvenile behavior. We certainly would love to see you as a prime member and owner of this amazing car. Batman can't help himself. He thinks he is always funny.

Regardless of what you pay for the vehicle, it is very rare and other owner's will envy your choice... even if they don't admit it :rolleyes:

Buy it, cry once.. enjoy it forever

I'd say this car is worth $90k. Acura and Comptech have a long history together. Even when new, the upgrades would maintain the factory warranty. Its not really "aftermarket" IMO.

A stock, 8 out 10 just sold for $65k or so with 35k miles. I know of a few deals that went down behind closed doors for insane moolah.

Back