Zanardi #41- about to take the plunge

My first question on this site is a big one for me. I am looking to close a deal on Zanardi #41. It looks to be a solid car, but I am interested in any additional information that any of you might have on this particular car. Car fax looks good, its been checked out by Regal Honda in Winter Haven, Florida - Has anyone seen or knows of this car? Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I have not been able to come up with any additonal threads of my own. In fact, I could not even come up with the same threads that you gave me. I searched under the vin #, Zanardi #41, Red 1999, etc. What am I doing wrong?

[This message has been edited by Kendal (edited 23 February 2003).]

Originally posted by Kendal:
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I have not been able to come up with any additonal threads of my own. In fact, I could not even come up with the same threads that you gave me. I searched under the vin #, Zanardi #41, Red 1999, etc. What am I doing wrong?

I found those topics (and some that were not related) by searching all open forums for topics with "41" in the subject.

Nazi knows his stuff.
smile.gif

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by Forums Nazi:
I found those topics (and some that were not related) by searching all open forums for topics with "41" in the subject.

Worked like majic! One of the initial threads you gave me contained the name of the original owner. I was able to contact him and resolve all the mystery and drama surrounding this car. I am certain I got a steal. Made a wire transfer today - hope to take delivery next week!
Your willingness to help out a total stranger is very much appreciated. And in this instance - made the difference between buying and walking away. Thanks Nazi.

Originally posted by NoClgDeg:
Your excited about buying an NSX that has been tracked and wrecked?!?

"Tracked and wrecked" is a bit dramatic, don't you think? Why not first gather a little more info before rushing to such a harsh conclusion. Let me help:
*Car has been "tracked" 2x and on the strip once.
*Made limited contact w/tire barrier at Sebring causing very slight (superficial) damage to left rear quarter panel and rear bumper. Both were replaced w/new parts and painted off the car (no blending) obtaining an exact match.
*When clutch pedal was depressed, began to make a noise (similar to a throw-out bearing?). Replaced all the bearings in the tranny and installed the CT clutch and lightened flywheel. Problem fixed.
*Pre-sale inspection by Acrua yielded no trace of damage even though they were instructed to look for it and tranny shifted perfectly.
*Car never smoked in, oil changed every 2500 to 3000 miles and in showroom condition inside and out.
I spoke at length w/original owner (who sold the car 10 months previous and therefore has no vested interest in it). I have no doubt that he is a straight up guy. He explained that he was so upset by the lack of support from dealer/manufacturer over the tranny fix that he refused to own a Honda/Acura product. He traded it in (w/in 400 mi of tranny fix) on a new twin-turbo 4wd Porsche at the Benz/Porsche Dealership. I believe the rest is speculation and drama.
But, since "the proof is in the pudding", I would be very interested in having you check out the car when it arrives. We are both in SoCal - about 90 miles apart. What do you think?

Back