• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Zanardi #14 - JH4NA2126XT000140

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
NOTE: I am posting this ad for someone else. Please direct comments and questions to him directly as he is not a member here. I have no affiliation with the seller and no interest in this sale. The ad follows below. There are several large pictures included:

1999 Zanardi #14
Vin#: JH4NA2126XT000140
Approximately 23,000 miles
2 owner adult history known from day 1, always dealer maintained
Factory CD changer in trunk
Bone stock, no mods, strong gas struts on rear window, no molding pulling away from glass, etc.
No dings, no scratches, wheels unscratched, no paint work, etc...no stories
$53,000 firm

Please private me at [email protected]

1. Zanardi pictures are photos in front of the previous owners home in Texas. He sent me these pictures via email, and was a real gentleman about giving me the entire history. These are all the pictures I have. I bought #14 because I wanted to experience a Zanardi, but I don’t have enough time to drive it. In fact, I don’t think I've even had the time to put 200 miles on the Zanardi, or any other weekend car, as work keeps us all fairly busy, and I'm usually driving kids around in a 4 seater.

2. The price of $53,000 is correct, possibly even low. If you check around, low mileage Zanardis trade for $53K to $56K. And then, there are the stories about some of them, who've been modified, wrecked, rebuilt, tracked, etc. After my own search, I know almost half of the Zanardis out there. You folks on the NSX list do also. I am a long time owner of NSXs (owned first 2 of 300 1991 in the country, #215, and #233, and 3 more since then). I’ve logged 50,000 miles in NSXs, and I take very good care of all my cars. My cars are the best examples I could find when I was looking. Zanardi #14 has both the original tools and owners manual, all sets keys, plus an NSX car cover in the original Acura NSX (red) labeled travel bag. The Zanardi wheels are not scuffed, and the tires are correct and OEM (see additional driving comments below). On price, I typically don’t negotiate, so I try and establish the price of my cars fairly. This Zanardi is priced correctly, lower in fact than most 1999 NSX-T. I bought the car correctly, and will pass on the savings.

3. I found my car through a Texas NSX enthusiast who originally this list. The first owner is (private me for name and contact info), whom I spoke with pre-purchase and found him to be a mature and knowledgably NSX owner. His local dealer is David McDavid Acura, 800-575-3553, and they did all the required service. Earlier this year, I bought the NSX directly from the sales manager, Jack Taylor. The first owner leased this Zanardi #14 from a California dealer(?), and had it for the full 3 lease years, before returning is back to McDavid Acura. I had Jack Taylor do a complete pre-purchase inspection, and certify the car. I also had him certify that the car was straight, without any paintwork. It passed all checks, and then he performed a leak-down compression test, which was also fine. When the car was delivered to me, it was actually better than Jack had described. There was no tell-tale aging on the driver's side seat bolster (as on my last 4 NSXs).

Zanardi #14 needs nothing, and there are no stories or issues to explain. You will not be at all disappointed with this Zanardi.

4. If you are serious about Zanardi #14, you are free to fly down or send someone else over to check it out in Weston, FL, near Fort Lauderdale. You are free to have the car checked out by the local Fort Lauderdale Acura dealer Rick Case Acura (954) 377-7622. To lock in a deal, you will need to send a bank check or wire as deposit, with final purchase contingent upon your inspection.

----

Driving notes: Compared to my 2002 Red C2 Porsche with GT3 cup car racing suspension, Zanardi#14 is stiffer. It has a delightfully aggressive ride on the road, yet not too stiff as long as your going over 10mph. Feels and sounds closer to my 2002 GT3 full-on Cup race car. Though I don’t understand why people say it is too rough for the street. It is just perfect. Of all my cars, the tires give it the sharpest bite on initial turn in (though the turn radius could be tighter). New tires plus the low mass make it dance for you. Just think about a turn, and the car is already ahead of you. And the way the NSX develops power is like a race bike. It pulls nicely up the rev band. Not like a big M5 motor or the Ferrari V12 motor (all grunt that jumps off the line), but you feel like it is really pulling you along through the corners. And that is where the NSX shines — in the big on-ramp sweepers we have down here in Fort Lauderdale. You can take them at a fairly high rate of speed without so much as a wiggle at the back. The engine and clutch are also SO tractable that the NSX is still my favorite car in traffic, cutting through traffic without any drama. Finally, the shift action is known to be the best in the world. The otherwise difficult 2-3 shift across the gate is so slick on an NSX, just push straight up from second, and the transmission finds third for you, automatically. As you know, this is not so in our Porsches or Ferraris! As for looks, these cars are so rare, nobody really knows what you’re driving. Some even ask if that's the new Ferrari? Though the local (fast and the furious) kids all know their stuff. They know an NSX these days, and most even know about the Zanardi. Last, part of the lower weight in the Zanardi is from less insulation, and so above 5,000rpm the Zanardi makes a great F1 shriek in the cockpit — higher pitch than my Benetton. At full chat, it IS louder than a normal NSX, even compared to typical aftermarket exhausts (and I’ve owned a few of those). Run it through a tunnel with the windows down, what a rush -- I never listen to the radio in this car!

JH4NA2126XT000140-a.jpg

JH4NA2126XT000140-b.jpg

JH4NA2126XT000140-c.jpg

JH4NA2126XT000140-d.jpg

JH4NA2126XT000140-e.jpg

Seen this ONE quite often in past...

To anyone concerned- I actually had seen this Zanardi NSX last summer/fall in Austin TX @ DavidMcDavidAcura. As of then, the interior was pristine- exterior was near-flawless. I was more enanmored by the 'then new' 2002 Silverstone inside the showroom and a 2000 Spa-Yellow ComptechSC specimen they had on consignment... But, for a few months- I got accustomed to seeing it. . . Def' a sharp car, this particular Zanardi :) [for some reason, the price then was, let's just say- not this. . .:confused: ]

Am I becoming senile or the Zanardi doesn't have the upper strut bar in the engine bay?

Last edited:
Zanardi #14

Does anyone know the particulars on this car? It seems very nice & the current owner seems very knowledgeable & upfront. Anyone know the 1st owner? Thanks for any info. By the way, People First is now Capital One. Doesn't 6.99% seem high for a used car loan in our current low interest rate state?

I just purchase #14 great car!!! Other car is a '96 Porsche TT. One is not better than the other, just different. Car is as promised...awesome!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back