Your comments reg. this NSX for sale? JH4NA1158NT000920

Re: Your comments reg. this NSX for sale?

that aftermarket stereo install looks scary... :eek:

Several fairly minor cosmetic issues (stereo, worn seats, scratch, water spots, felt in coin tray, etc.)

Looks like cheap tires.

No pictures under the hood, in the trunk or under the floor mats.

It has been painted.

I think there's a fair chance it has been in at least a minor front end accident. Pictures are not very good on the back so it's hard to tell there.

If that's all that is wrong with it, low 20s is probably fair.

The center console lid looks like it is broken, and not fitted in there properly.
The dash is cracked above the ash tray, not a big deal as you would need a new dash pice due to that art work of a stero system that was installed.
There is a cell antena on the roof that looks to be mounted using screws, or silicone so I would expect some kind of blemis if remove it.
It has a 97 front lip, with an upside down Aucra logo chances are it needed to be repainted because of the 120.000 miles.
Like Lud said 20k.

Looks like cheap tires.
Did you notice that the tires in the two picture showing they are different tires??

From everything we see here, seems like the car had been owned by someone not too understand the nsx, nor had a lot of love for it (an avg. joe, pretty sure the owner is not typical nsxca member or nsx Prime member..). Good thing is that you may low ball it, and probably the car hadn't seen any track miles (at least with those tires), Bad thing is that you might have quite a lot of things to fix...

My suggestion is that keep looking, since you already "settle" with Red color, it is the majority of the nsx color, you should be able to find something better and been taken care of.

Good Luck.

blknsxnoc said:
that aftermarket stereo install looks scary... :eek:

Second that. If the install looks this crappy in a picture, imagine what it really looks like up close.

Agreeing with the others, run away and hide from this one.

This car is listed with an asking price of $23,500. As with most cars for sale, you can probably negotiate downward from there.

I wouldn't be quick to say "don't buy it" unless I understand what your objectives are. Here's what I mean by that. If you are looking to buy an NSX in the low twenties, it's not going to be a great example. There will be serious flaws - very high mileage, title problems, accident history (with repairs done poorly), major repairs needed, etc. You'll have to live with those flaws, and/or put a lot of money into it to upgrade it to decent condition. You probably already knew this.

So... it depends on what you're considering. Maybe you're looking for an NSX that you want to buy cheap so you can gut it and turn it into a race car. This might be the perfect car for that! But if you're looking for an NSX that you can drive frequently and reliably without spending a huge amount of money for upkeep, this isn't the one. In the upper twenties, which is not that much more than this car, you can get a decent (not perfect, but decent) early NSX with average mileage, and it will be a far better value. If you can't afford to spend upper twenties (with several thousand dollars in the bank as a contingency for repairs) for a decent NSX, then you really shouldn't be buying a cheap crappy one, either.

I like how the ad says they've replaced the snapring :).

TurboLexus said:
I like how the ad says they've replaced the snapring :).
Actually, this may be a good sign. Or, it may not. What I mean by that is, for cars in the snap ring range, the proper repair (assuming the snap ring has not broken, or if broken, the car has not been driven very far afterwards) is to replace the snap ring and the upper transmission case. (You probably already knew this.) It's quite possible that when the seller says that the snap ring was replaced, the tranny case was also replaced at the same time - which would be a proper repair. Unfortunately, some mechanics (including one well-known one who has since gone out of business) did indeed replace only the snap ring without replacing the case - which would mean that the transmission could still fail. Without checking the receipt for the repair, it would be impossible to distinguish between the two from the description in the ad.

Back