You think 200,000 miles on a car is a lot?

not to brag about the volvo, but we recently bought one for our coming newborn....for the safety, of course.

some things they told me were just too impressive...

avg life: 18.6 years (ever wonder why u c many old ones on the road?)

2002 fatality rate of volvo drivers: 0% (fine print: one died but he wasn't wearing a seat belt)

Volvo invented the 3 point seat belt (or so they claim)

they claim toyota builds bulletproof engines but they build bulletproof cars (besides bmw and mercedes)

Blue Knight said:
not to brag about the volvo, but we recently bought one for our coming newborn....for the safety, of course.

some things they told me were just too impressive...

avg life: 18.6 years (ever wonder why u c many old ones on the road?)

2002 fatality rate of volvo drivers: 0% (fine print: one died but he wasn't wearing a seat belt)

Volvo invented the 3 point seat belt (or so they claim)

they claim toyota builds bulletproof engines but they build bulletproof cars (besides bmw and mercedes)

Agreed on the safety part (hands down). Now if they could only do something about that styling... :D

Regards.

I wonder how much is original...and what sort of work it has required... Is it one of these jack up the license plates and change the car deals? You know, original frame and shell, but everything else...got changed 5 times.

As far as Volvo styling...way better than Chris Bangle BMW's

Last edited:
There was a detailed article about this car and its owner in the December 2002 issue of the British magazine Classic and Sports Car.

Wonder what it would have been if we instead had a bunch of teenage male pickup truck and Mustang drivers driving all those Volvos during 2002..... :rolleyes:

Blue Knight said:

Back