Yokohama A032 MCS at Infineon...

Neat looking MCS at Sears Point...er...I mean Infineon Raceway today. Looks like they're trying to sell A032s to the MINI crowd.

Attachments

• mini_cooper_sc.jpg
    mini_cooper_sc.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 111
We had the car at the Tirerack a few weeks ago. It is shod with the new compound A032R that were just re-compounded for the XX'th time in a number of years (awesome improvement). I like the paint scheme they used, it got lots of looks in our front bay. Great grip, fun car, awesome seats. 200 more hp and it would be rockin!
Aaron

AaronR said:
It is shod with the new compound A032R that were just re-compounded for the XX'th time in a number of years (awesome improvement).

Is that the new hard compound, or the new soft compound?

Incidentally, Wayne (Tire Rack exec) told me that even though your website recommends the soft compound A032R for lighter cars like the ITR and the mini, the hard compound A032R would be better than the soft for road course use. And he, too, confirmed that the new compound A032R is an awesome improvement. Good thing, too, since the A032R is now facing tougher competition (pun intended ;) ) from tires like the Toyo RA-1 and the new Hankook R-compound tire.

Back