Yellow tach face???

I've been gone a few months and am wondering what ever became of the yellow F430 style tach face thread. Did anything ever come of this? I'm still very intrested. Thanks.

If I remembered correctly Vanchu did a feeler on this a few years back and the cost was prohibitively expensive. Your talking about a yellow gauge overlay that cost hundreds of dollars here with questionable looks. Our tach is not located in the middle so it would look weird to have one yellow and one black gauge face.

If I remembered correctly Vanchu did a feeler on this a few years back and the cost was prohibitively expensive. Your talking about a yellow gauge overlay that cost hundreds of dollars here with questionable looks. Our tach is not located in the middle so it would look weird to have one yellow and one black gauge face.

Thats the one. I still think it would look cool. I'd be up for one if available.

Make one like my avtar <<<<

i can make one like your avatar. Would look alot better if i could have a high res scan of it but im sure i can find close enough fonts to match. I can get a high res scan of my rpm tach from the nsx and make it yellow. That would be much easier. How much would one pay for this f430 yellow gauage face or a yellow nsx rpm face?

ferrari_f430_interior_02.jpg

I think the yellow gauge looks good in the F430 because it is centered. It would look out of place/unbalanced in the NSX, IMHO.

What I might purchase, is OEM replica, in a slightly lighter shade. That might look cool. Or gauges with the tach/speedo a lighter color and the other gauges normal.

Guilty, I'm not very artistic. :biggrin:

Is this what you are looking for? You want the face made like this? Minus the automatic part obviously. I notice the f430 one has parts of the gauge missing for its electronics. Did you want it made like that, just make it black there? I didnt really see any prices on the pages but I guess I`ll make the gauge and well go from there.

attachment.php

Is this what you are looking for? You want the face made like this? Minus the automatic part obviously. I notice the f430 one has parts of the gauge missing for its electronics. Did you want it made like that, just make it black there? I didnt really see any prices on the pages but I guess I`ll make the gauge and well go from there.

attachment.php
BINGO!!!!! You got it. That is awsome.:wink:

this isn't just a simple sticker is it? I mean, the light will need to shine through.

yes light will shine through. I will done a demo on my car first before moving on to who ever wants it. Your original will be left in tacked in case you ever want to go back to it.

the price was $500 in the original post. it was supposedly made by the same factory that makes the faces for ferrari.

For some time i have been playing with the idea of making gauge overlays in this material:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h95AQoufXKg&rel=0&color1=0x000000&color2=0x555555&hl=en&border=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="320" height="270"></embed>
..too bad they dont have yellow. :frown:

I am interested also, as I put an overlay on my original and it left a burn mark on the original face. I may be looking for a complete guage overlay kit. I like the yellow rpm face, and the rest stock.

I think it should be a full set or at least the speedo and tach so as to not look funny. It will look funny with a non-centered tach. I think whoever makes a good looking set will sell quite a few.

Well I'll try the single yellow 1st and post pics to give you guys an idea of what you want. Now someone make this already.:biggrin:

This thread has great potential. I hope we can make something of this.

My company does screen printed graphics for industrial control panels, equipment and dials. We do gauges for boats and other lower quantity transportation dashes like tractors and such. I'm fairly certain we could do any design you guys come up with but I'm also sure we'd be more expensive than other methods. We can do both digital and screen print as well as multicolor dead fronts, chrome, textures and light diffusers. If the cheaper options don't pan out, I'd be happy to take a look a what it would cost to do this.

-Randy

Back