Year Make And Quality

Hi my name is Cuong Phan, and I now have a 2001 bmw m3 vert. and Ive always loved the body and the look of the nsx. So I wanted to trade in mine for a nsx... But reviewing that 91 and 92 years have snap ring range problem and I dont know much of how big a problem they are Im concerned in looking into those years.But I dont want anything above abot 35000 for a nsx so that I can modify it. So is there problems in having a 91 or 92 or any year? because looking through I see alot of the highly modified nsx's are 91 and 92 models thanks in advance

Re: ~~ Year Make And Quality~

htownfinest said:
Hi my name is Cuong Phan, and I now have a 2001 bmw m3 vert. and Ive always loved the body and the look of the nsx. So I wanted to trade in mine for a nsx... But reviewing that 91 and 92 years have snap ring range problem and I dont know much of how big a problem they are Im concerned in looking into those years.But I dont want anything above abot 35000 for a nsx so that I can modify it. So is there problems in having a 91 or 92 or any year? because looking through I see alot of the highly modified nsx's are 91 and 92 models thanks in advance

Lots of the snap ring range NSX's have been fixed. Once that issue is handled the early NSX's (if properly maintianed) are great platforms for the modaholic.

For your pricepoint a 93-94 is also attainable at the sacrifice of a little higher mileage.

91s and 92s are more modded b/c they're cheaper. They're the oldest, logically.

There is no reason to avoid 91s or 92s. Other than the snap ring issue which you seem to have done a fair amount of research on but maybe aren't 100% clear on exactly what the issue was/is (More FAQ searching).

Of course, there were many small internal changes in almost every year, but they were minor and don't make the 91s or 92s less desirable (aside from their age of course.)

FAQ can tell you everything about all the changes year to year and you can make your decision based on those changes. If you feel that you don't want buy a 91 or 92 b/c the toe-in was changed in 93, that's your call.

The major changes came in 97, so til then, avoid snap-ring and you'll be OK.

All recent alignment specs have been updated already to post 93 specs. The machine gets updated yearly. 91 and 92 comprise about 50% of NSX production and therefore much easier to find. They are still plenty of nice,clean, non modded nsx available. Hurry before they are all gone!

Back