• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

WTB Non Working Climate Control Unit(s)

Briank said:
I am looking to buy a couple of non working climate control units. I am going to be doing repairs/rebuilds on mine and a couple of other peoples units and would like to have a couple of others on hand for testing, compairison and donor use. PM me :D

Just to give you some info. I replaced all the caps. on the board and it is still not working. Rebuilding these boards to working condition will required more than just replacing the caps.

Briank said:
I am looking to buy a couple of non working climate control units. I am going to be doing repairs/rebuilds on mine and a couple of other peoples units and would like to have a couple of others on hand for testing, compairison and donor use. PM me :D

What is the charge for such a service? I've got a spare that I was planning to send to languth. Cap replacement did not get rid of the high/low fan only. You are welcome to it for testing purposes, but I would like it back eventually (in working order).

Let me know via PM? It might give you an additional data point.

Last edited:
Briank said:

I have one available if you are interested. It was working perfectly and it just shut off one day. I paid a local guy $85 to replaced all the caps. and checked on all the traces. They are ok, but it still does not turn on. He said that the transistors that control the main power were probably shorted due to the acid leakage of the caps. He said it is an easy fix with a working board. He would just trace everything transistor/lines on the good board, then compare it with the bad one.

I ended up buying a new one for over $600 because I didn't have one for him for tracing at the time.

If you know how to do it, you can probably fix it for a few bucks and resell it for $300. I'd buy one myself for $300 if it was available. The junkyard wanted $300. I plugged it in and it only works on high for the fan.

let me know.

Back