• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

WTB: Driver side portion of rear sub-frame

Hey guys,

I'm fixing some stuff a previous mechanic jacked up on my car (stripped a-arm bolts) and I'm looking into replacing the driver side rear subframe instead of retapping or helicoiling the stripped threads. The piece I need is listed as a 'L. Rear Bracket' in the following diagram:

http://www.blazen.com/mike/nsxmanual/page.php?page=887

If anyone has one used, or knows the price of it new please let me know. Thanks!

-mike

It's a little over $1100 list, new, so you need to find one used or I think helicoils work fine for this. I have used a 10mm x 1.25 thread setup on a few of these, especially on the rear beam. Sounds like someone before you used an impact gun without their brain engaged:)

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
It's a little over $1100 list, new, so you need to find one used or I think helicoils work fine for this. I have used a 10mm x 1.25 thread setup on a few of these, especially on the rear beam. Sounds like someone before you used an impact gun without their brain engaged:)

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks Larry. The person obviously had some mental problems, because one of the bolts had a broken off head (which was the whole reason for me taking it appart, to replace that bolt so I could go to willowsprings on tuesday). Then when I got under it I realized they had used a completely different (and wrong) bolt on the other side of the a-arm into the subframe (1.50 thread on a huge stud with a bolt attached half way down the stud?!?).

I think I found a fellow nsxprime member with a complete used rear-subframe, so I'm trying to work that out. I wanted to leave the helicoils as a last resort since most of the miles I put on the car will be at the track... and I'd feel better going through turn 8 at WS flat out if no left (outside) rear bits were helicoiled..... :)

-mike

Back