wrong Autocheck "FREE" car report • HELP!

So I put one of my cars (the one I never drive almost) for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200424861861&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1&category=6254#ht_30877wt_1167

But there's a free car report that Ebay offers by AUTOCHECK that is part of EXPERIAN, that basically says that I did this:

"DALLAS, TX, 155,850, Independent Emission Source EMISSION INSPECTION"

But that is IMPOSSIBLE because I live in FLorida and that car has 96K miles and NEVER left the state of Florida even ....

I have contacted them and they reply me asking for the INSPECTION RECEIPT copy, I sent all my paperwork on the car ... showing all my renewals in Florida, the tittle, everything, still // haven't heard from them :( ... there's NO PHONE number or anything.

BUT THAT is hurting my sale, because seems like the car is all WRONG .. and I am lying on the miles, yet IS NOT TRUE ... I bought the car with 45K miles 5 years ago, I have an RL, used to have the S2000 (and the nsx) .. there's no way i EVER put 100K miles myself.

Does anyone have a connection with this people ?

Is anything I can do?

I am very frustrated and sad :(

Oscar

Is it possible the owner before you put 155k miles on it?

It is a '98... you bought it in '05... that's 7 years and only 45k miles on a Honda Accord? That's pretty low... of course, 155k would be pretty high!

Does the emission inspection have a date attached to it somewhere? Someone probably messed up a VIN #....

Have you ever run a carfax on the car? Might give you some more answers or at least give you something to combat the wrong info with. (attach it to your ebay ad)

Is it possible the owner before you put 155k miles on it?

It is a '98... you bought it in '05... that's 7 years and only 45k miles on a Honda Accord? That's pretty low... of course, 155k would be pretty high!

Does the emission inspection have a date attached to it somewhere? Someone probably messed up a VIN #....

Have you ever run a carfax on the car? Might give you some more answers or at least give you something to combat the wrong info with. (attach it to your ebay ad)

I bought In november 04, had 45K miles, it was 6 years old, that's 7.5K miles per year, not much, but it was a lease, and lease people in Florida, specially older folks -been an accord- don't put that much miles, car interior still smelled like new, the whole car was almost showroom condition ,,,

In 04 a carfax for me wasn't really that accessible as today, that's why I didn't ask for or purchased :( ....

And in 08/03/2005 I was happily in sunny Florida, that is clearly an ERROR or someone used criminally my VIN # .. sucks

I have been going back in fwd with Autocheck people today, and they want the emission test receipt, but the problem is, THERE'S NO EMISSION TEST RECEIP because i wasn't there to begin with ... car currently has 96XXX miles ...

Oscar

I have been going back in fwd with Autocheck people today, and they want the emission test receipt, but the problem is, THERE'S NO EMISSION TEST RECEIP because i wasn't there to begin with ... car currently has 96XXX miles ...

Oscar

Yeah I don't know what to do with that sort of thing. They must have some sort of "fraud" department that could clear things up.... you're probably just going to have to jump through some hoops to get there. That sucks. :frown:

Some tech at an emissions testing station in Dallas probably screwed up when he entered the VIN for another car into the computer

Not sure what you can do to clear that up unless you have service records and emissions testing reciepts that put the car in Florida year over year...

P

Some tech at an emissions testing station in Dallas probably screwed up when he entered the VIN for another car into the computer

Not sure what you can do to clear that up unless you have service records and emissions testing reciepts that put the car in Florida year over year...

P

Problem is that in Florida we have no emissions test, but you are absolutely right I have a BUNCH of receipts for maintenance, found one with 54K miles, from Pep Boys with an Alignment!!! , I am sending right now to them!!!

Oscar

Just sent 5 receipts from pep boys and a Tire place, all with VIN number + the car miles

One with 54K miles, another with 65K another with 72K miles another with 82K and a last with 96K miles ....

Amazes me how an error can cause so much headache and wasting of time .. :( ... unnecessary distress

Oscar

Just goes to show you that you cannot depend on those car reports 100 %

I don't depend on them even 1% ........ check that ....... at all.

Just bought another NSX (sight unseen) that Oscar checked out for me. The car had one of those reports that I didn't even look at. Not that all fellow primers can be there all the time, but I would sure trust a primers judgement or even a neighbor/friend over some stranger fabricating up a carfax report.

Note:
Sure wish I could help you Oscar to repay the favor but I am the last person you need to hear from on this one. Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you.
Rich

Just goes to show you that you cannot depend on those car reports 100 %

I did this to my Maxima back in 2003... it never showed up on any carfax.
pic2.jpg

I NEVER use carfax...

FINALLY FIXED, what a nightmare, and WASTE of 2 days auction on Ebay this was .....

Thank you all for your support, but if there's a lesson to learn is that truth always prevails, and that, is good to always keep all records for the services, I ALWAYS keep every single receipt ... IT WORKED!!!!

Oscar

Back