Wrecked yellow 2000

Was it Anytime that had the yellow 2000 that was wrecked. I think I found it for sale in florida with a clean title for 44.5k. I was just wondering if he sold it with a salvage title. If so maybe Lud should put the VIN# in the crash and burn section?

I am almost sure it is the same car. It still has the california plates on it 4SEF040. Drivers side mirrior hanging by the cable, rear window out, etc... This is a common play for high end cars that have been wrecked. Somehow the wrecking yard clears the title of the damage. Blurr if you read this can you let me know if you sold it with salvage papers or not.

I sold the car to a guy in New York. He doesn't even have the title yet so I doubt it is already for sale again. I just recieved the title from the DMV this morning and sent it to him today. It is a Salvage title.

I do agree that the vin should be added to the list Lud keeps. I will post the full vin when I find it, but it was #265 of 2000 model year.

-matt

heres the link
http://www.autobrokersintl.com/

Check the 2000 NSX. How much did they mark this up. This is very common with Florida dealers. There is some loophole in the law that allows them to sell it with a clean title. I think that anyone buying one of these cars should know this. This car will most likly be repaired and sold as if it were never damaged.

Steve,
Good job on catching this one, I think you are right someone will buy the car fix it up and sell it to some unlucky person.

Hopefully if Lud can post the VIN no one here will get caught.

I talked to Matt and it looks like this place is trying to make a big markup, now that the car is going to have a clean title. It is sad that people like this exist, but I guess all you can do is try to educate the people and if enough people find out about scams like this then maybe these vultures will go away.

Why is the Cali Plate still on the car?? When you sell the car, aren't you supposed to turn in your plates to the DMV?
confused.gif

Ok guys, I just got off the phone with the local place that has the car. It will be here tomorrow and will be available for viewing. I ASKED if the car had a salvage title and was told "it is clean, no salvage with 5,000 mles".

Need I say more.

I dont understand how this is possible. Question for the experts out there, if someone were to buy this car in Florida and bring it to CA, would DMV catch it as salvage?

Hmm I don't think I'll be buying any cars from Florida in the future. It's okay if someone like the guy out of KS is looking for deal but this sucks.

This is very bad. So many cars come from Florida or pass through Florida auctions. I bought mine near Orlando a few years ago and have had several reasons to be suspicious about it's history. CarFax checked out and a dealer couldn't dig up any dirt on it, but now I'm wondering if it was "cleaned" as well.

It will be very interesting to see what CarFax has on this one in the future. Perhaps they are looking for a quick sale before the salvage title is processed?

Originally posted by ak:
Why is the Cali Plate still on the car?? When you sell the car, aren't you supposed to turn in your plates to the DMV?
confused.gif

That would be my mistake. I never had sold a car before. I didn't know you were supposed to take the plates off. I sold it in the middle of a salvage yard. The fact that I might need to remove the plate never even entered my mind. Hmm I have the front here since I never put it on the car. What I should do with it?

Having done a few of these wrecked repairables in the past has been a good experience for me. This is why I spent almost a year and a half looking for my NSX. First off there were not that many for sale in my area. so I had to travel great distances to examine the cars I looked at. Secondly most sellers would not allow me to remove interior panels to inspect the body panels from the inside. Thirdly 50%-60% of the cars I looked at (under the interior facade) had previous damage. 95% of those damaged cars had spent some time in Florida.

I was never aware if license plate has to be return if u are selling the car. I sold few cars in CA and never asked to do that. I bought a few used cars that carry old license plate as well. Unless it is personal license plate, in which case, the seller have t fill up the release form.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I was never aware if license plate has to be return if u are selling the car. I sold few cars in CA and never asked to do that. I bought a few used cars that carry old license plate as well. Unless it is personal license plate, in which case, the seller have t fill up the release form.

I guess it depends on the state, but in NJ, NY and Alabama, I had to return the plates...

Hmmm, turns out it is actually ecocar that has it... they and Autobrokers International are one and the same.
Whatever, this is crap. This stuff has to be national - ridiculous having 50 different standards.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Originally posted by blurr:
That would be my mistake. I never had sold a car before. I didn't know you were supposed to take the plates off. I sold it in the middle of a salvage yard. The fact that I might need to remove the plate never even entered my mind. Hmm I have the front here since I never put it on the car. What I should do with it?
You could mail the plate to me!!! I'll take very good care of it. The DMV will take it, cut it in half and mail it back to Sacramento.
eek.gif
It will feel right at home with the other plates. (I can never have to many plates.
View

Anybody know how common the practice of converting a salvage title to a "clear" title is? Is it really more prevalent among Florida cars? Is it legal? Has anybody tried to run a Carfax search on Blurr's car to see whether it shows evidence of a salvage title?

What a shame, if the damage is mostly structual they could have fixed it easily by contacting me- I am in the process of doing a body kit on my yellow 98' so thus my parts could have bolt right on to this one.

Other than the major damage to the roof area, body panels, and perhaps a 4 wheel alignment it actually doesn't look all that horrible to me- I would see it as a perfect donor car for a project NSX.

Back