Wow! McLaren F1!

If this is the same one that I think that it is this was a paperback published in 1994 by Haymarket and given away free with a particular issue of one of their magazines. I just saw a used copy for $26.95 if you are interested.

The REAL Mclaren F1 book to have is the owner's edition of "Driving Ambition" which is the official factory book hand assembled and hand bound with a numbered plate that matches the number of the real car. A few of these are available - price £1000.
There is also a limited edition priced at £575 and is still hand bound in leather in a beautiful presentation case.

One of my dream cars.

Tan

Tantheman said:
One of my dream cars.

Tan

At this moment, I will have to side with an Enzo if I have a choice.

If anyone is interested in the "Driving Ambition" book there is a copy signed by Gordon Murray on Ebay right now. Picture shows the book w/o dustjacket so you had better ask about condition, etc. I have no connection to this auction.

Driving Ambition is a superb book, highly reccomended. There are several anecdotes in the book about the NSX that Gordon owned and drove while developing the Big Mac.

Nice book, thanks for the link. Quite a few words about how the NSX was a key benchmark for the car. There are a couple of unkind comparisons ("tired looking old motor?!") but I also consider the source and the car that is being compared to it.

Well, it is not the video of someone getting in or out but the old BBC Topgear one is pretty good. Tiff Needell flogs one around a track and, I think, set some sort of UK speed record in the process. Anyway, about 27mb and find it here:
http://www.nmd.com.au/downloads_download.cfm?ID=34

There is another Tiff Needell video with him testing the F40, 360, and McLaren F1. A 72mb download from racingflix.com and another Topgear review of the McLaren on the same site.

lemansnsx said:
Well, it is not the video of someone getting in or out but the old BBC Topgear one is pretty good. Tiff Needell flogs one around a track and, I think, set some sort of UK speed record in the process. Anyway, about 27mb and find it here:
http://www.nmd.com.au/downloads_download.cfm?ID=34

There is another Tiff Needell video with him testing the F40, 360, and McLaren F1. A 72mb download from racingflix.com and another Topgear review of the McLaren on the same site.

Thanks for the link, lemansNSX. Man, just watch how fast the scenery flew by as Tif nailed the throttle to the floor!!
:eek: UN-------REAL!!!!! And the baritone "growl" of the BMMW V-12 is exactly like the C30A/C32B, but in the F-1's case it's MUCH MUCH more fierce and intense!!!

Back