Wow!! Did you guy see MS's Ferrari go BOOM in Suzuka?

That was just nuts! I can't recall Michael's car ever failing, (i'm sure it has?) especially in such dramatic fashion....and all with the championship in the balance. Drama! Onto Brazil!!

Twizt

lol my buddy was getting all hyped about the the tie between F and R.

suprise suprise. Bad time for engine faliure. can you guys find a post of the video clip? im too broke and cant afford cable:biggrin:

Yipee! I don't like Schumi. And I am very happy he won't retire as the champion of this season. Good after what he had done to Damon Hill. That's what I call karma. :biggrin:

RON98 said:
suprise suprise. Bad time for engine faliure. can you guys find a post of the video clip? im too broke and cant afford cable:biggrin:

It was nothing special, just him driving when suddenly a smokeline appears from the engine and he pulls to the side.

twizt2 said:
That was just nuts! I can't recall Michael's car ever failing, (i'm sure it has?) especially in such dramatic fashion....and all with the championship in the balance. Drama! Onto Brazil!!

Twizt

I was happy when it happened.

I scream and cheered with joy when that happen. I was so freakin' loud that my 20 or so customers got scared!!!:biggrin:

Vancehu said:
I scream and cheered with joy when that happen.

Seems like his fans share the same attitude with Alonso, blame everything on the team if you make own mistakes, cheer like you won the race self-propelling when something from competition fails.

Sad day for the championship... I would have liked it to be anything other than mechanical failure that determines the closest championship in 10 or more years!

I think Michael Shumacher has demonstrated that he was the better driver though... I think now we may just see him in F1 again...

As for Alonso, I'm starting to dislike him with all the complaining and blaming everyone else that he has been doing lately... !

AU_NSX said:
Sad day for the championship... I would have liked it to be anything other than mechanical failure that determines the closest championship in 10 or more years!

I think Michael Shumacher has demonstrated that he was the better driver though... I think now we may just see him in F1 again...

As for Alonso, I'm starting to dislike him with all the complaining and blaming everyone else that he has been doing lately... !

Yes, I second that.
I see all too often the premadonna Racing car driver blame everyone except himself. I heard one of the mechanics got fired for dropping a wheel nut in a pitstop (cost 2-3 seconds), yet if the driver makes a mistake, crashes or doesn't perform its OK.

Not so fast there.

The driver could have been killed by flying debris from the engine.

F1 cars all use longitudinal engine mounts nowadays, so the connecting rods fly off towards the sides of the car.

In your NSX, half those rods would fly right through your lungs.

Before Suzuka Alonso was going to need a miracle to win the title and he sure did get it. Ferrari and MS had all the momentum. What are the chances of Ferrari losing an engine? Wow.

Let's remember Alonso has been hosed several times this season--wheels flying off, bizarre penalties, suspension changes, pit timing errors--he's overcome a lot and deserves this championship. MS drove his butt off in the 2nd half of the season and almost pulled off what I believe to be one of his most impressive titles.

Klayton said:
Seems like his fans share the same attitude with Alonso, blame everything on the team if you make own mistakes, cheer like you won the race self-propelling when something from competition fails.

I guess you believe every thing the press has to offer.

At the end of the day, MS is a 7 time champion cheater. Started by lying to get his first ride, crashed on purpose to win his first championship, etc. etc. BUT, All famous people on earth have fans, including the deveil.

LOL Nice one, even in the same post. Oh the irony.

Vancehu said:
At the end of the day, MS is a 7 time champion cheater. Started by lying to get his first ride, crashed on purpose to win his first championship, etc. etc. BUT, All famous people on earth have fans, including the deveil.

Vancehu said:
I guess you believe every thing the press has to offer.

Hey Klayton,

I guess you root for you own kind is all well understood, but why you all defensive on everything people said about Schumi? There must be a reason why a lot of people don't like him! GET a clue, or I can give you one "GET OVER IT"
How come we don't dislike FA, Rikonnen or anyone else but Schumi? GET IT?
Go take a CHILL PILL will ya.

NA1/2-R said:
Hey Klayton,

I guess you root for you own kind is all well understood, but why you all defensive on everything people said about Schumi? There must be a reason why a lot of people don't like him! GET a clue, or I can give you one "GET OVER IT"
How come we don't dislike FA, Rikonnen or anyone else but Schumi? GET IT?
Go take a CHILL PILL will ya.

I agree. Your one-sided tunnel-vision arguments make you look ridiculous and your points incredulous. We all get that you love MS. But he's not perfect and there's such overwhelming evidence about certain things that you sound foolish to constantly cast it off as "media spin" or "opinion" or that we're just haters.

I guarantee you--there's no reason to hate anybody with such extraordinary talent without just cause. Most of the people who aren't fans of MS have come to this conclusion after 10+ years of watching him very closely. These are not snap-judgments which is why their opinions should be respected.

Klayton, it's a shame because it seems like you're bright and really have some in-depth knowledge of F1 and MS but can't even accept that there might be a possibility that he's cheated, even a little tiny bit, at some point. Whether or not he's ever cheated, (my opinion notwithstanding) it is ludicrous to ignore the facts and patterns over the years and definitively say "MS has never cheated and is the cleanest, greatest driver ever," as you do. There is a lot of evidence against those positions and to ignore it is to appear uninformed and foolish which I can tell you're not. Just relax and open your mind a little...

Back on Topic:wink:

What amazes me is the that the race, and the whole season - WDC and Constructor's title can ride on 1 engine failure. That is the true irony of racing. Ferrari has the most durable engines and yet when everything is on the line for MS and Ferrari.........BOOM. Thats why I love racing. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat played out in front of everybody. It was funny to see FM be pissed at coming second, yet TS who was 15th was smiling and pumping his fist. Just and all out great race. I can't wait for Brazil.

Re: A roller coaster ride

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat
The first thing to know about side by side racing and the hardest to deal with; racing ain't fair. After driving a flawless race, you can just as easily be in the tire wall as on the podium.

Re: A roller coaster ride

92 white 0650 said:
The first thing to know about side by side racing and the hardest to deal with; racing ain't fair. After driving a flawless race, you can just as easily be in the tire wall as on the podium.

Damon Hills will love to hear that one:biggrin:

Back