WOW 2002 for 39k! ? JH4NA21632T000088

wow, pretty impressive to see these cars get down to where even after factoring in the price of the 7yr/90k mi service you are buying it right:eek:

This one's in my back yard guys, I talked with the guy. Ever wonder why the spare is missing. It's a repo with some other kind of bull - can hardly remember the details but I didn't bite. I'm sure it's not a bad car really but it's no wonder the car hasn't sold. This one has been on the market for a long while.

I have unlimited carfax's, so I looked it up. This car has had 6 owners from Cali to GA and has been to auction twice.

Good info. I had sent several email inquirying about more details such as repair work, service history, owner history and the like. The guy would only respond by giving me an 800# to call. I've tried that but get voice mail.

I figured there must be a "story" since he wouldn't respond to my basic questions I ask before wasting the owner's time.

I might keep trying just to hear the story!

Keith

At that kind of price you can bet the car is a trainwreck. Trust me... For the past three weeks I tried very hard to get an 02+. No way to get one one that doesnt have a salvage title (or deserve one) for less than upper 40s. And upper 40s is with higher than usual mileage.

And I wouldnt expect them to come down much farther except on the very high end (like the really nice 05s - but then keep in mind when they "come down" it will be after like 4 more owners and 3 more auctions). I've noticed that NSX prices have stabilized since the last time I had looked (back in 03 when I bought my 03) and, in fact, may have inched up for the more pristine older examples.

One thing Ive noticed is that most of the "good deals" have serious stories... And Prime is the best resource EVER of any car marque. There are cars that are being passed off as "accident FREE! NO PAINTWORK" and you can check here and see where there are threads with original owners posting "ARGH! Supermarket mishap! Had to get rear quarter painted!"

Buying a used car is every bit as lousy of an experience as the cliches make it out to be. These dealers are almost all... ahem... expletive self edited :)

Last edited:
At that kind of price you can bet the car is a trainwreck. Trust me... For the past three weeks I tried very hard to get an 02+. No way to get one one that doesnt have a salvage title (or deserve one) for less than upper 40s. And upper 40s is with higher than usual mileage.

And I wouldnt expect them to come down much farther except on the very high end (like the really nice 05s - but then keep in mind when they "come down" it will be after like 4 more owners and 3 more auctions). I've noticed that NSX prices have stabilized since the last time I had looked (back in 03 when I bought my 03) and, in fact, may have inched up for the more pristine older examples.

One thing Ive noticed is that most of the "good deals" have serious stories... And Prime is the best resource EVER of any car marque. There are cars that are being passed off as "accident FREE! NO PAINTWORK" and you can check here and see where there are threads with original owners posting "ARGH! Supermarket mishap! Had to get rear quarter painted!"

Buying a used car is every bit as lousy of an experience as the cliches make it out to be. These dealers are almost all... ahem... expletive self edited :)

Don't give up. I just bought Bangbang001's 03 NSX with 35,700 miles for only $45,500. had it checked really well before hand and it has all original paint according to a paint meter check and also no accidents. They are out there. Here's some pics of it:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124874

Don't give up. I just bought Bangbang001's 03 NSX with 35,700 miles for only $45,500. had it checked really well before hand and it has all original paint according to a paint meter check and also no accidents. They are out there. Here's some pics of it:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124874

I emailed bangbang the DAY you guys closed the deal! ;)

Hopefully Patrick (COMPDNSX) and I have a deal in progress. Looks like the best bet is to keep these cars in the Prime family! :D

I emailed bangbang the DAY you guys closed the deal! ;)

Hopefully Patrick (COMPDNSX) and I have a deal in progress. Looks like the best bet is to keep these cars in the Prime family! :D

Cool......good luck....... hope it works out!

tbck2793

Do you plan on keeping both NSX's?

EDITED: Never mind. I just saw your pic thread so my question has been answered. Nice!

Last edited:
tbck2793

Do you plan on keeping both NSX's?

EDITED: Never mind. I just saw your pic thread so my question has been answered. Nice!

Thanks. :biggrin:

Well, I'll let you know more when I get the car.:biggrin: I turned my speakers off, pulled the eBay listing up and worked through it. I was able to talk extensively to the seller on the phone and get comfortable enough to do a PPI and compression check at an Acura dealership. Compression is very strong and even, will need brakes in the not too distant future and some other small little niggly things. Biggest issues are that the right door was repainted, (PPI found overspray on a door seal) and it needs an engine cover and spare tire. Went through lots of megabytes of pictures and pulled the trigger. GPS shows that it's on a truck in AZ working it's way to me in CA. Most advice here is to buy the newest one that you can afford. I thought that I was stopped at the 97-98 level and was ready to purchase when this guy dumped the price 3k. I just couldn't resist the allure of the 02 upgrades!

Biggest issues are that the right door was repainted, (PPI found overspray on a door seal) and it needs an engine cover and spare tire. Went through lots of megabytes of pictures and pulled the trigger. GPS shows that it's on a truck in AZ working it's way to me in CA. Most advice here is to buy the newest one that you can afford. I thought that I was stopped at the 97-98 level and was ready to purchase when this guy dumped the price 3k. I just couldn't resist the allure of the 02 upgrades!

So you bought sight unseen with known paint/body work? WOW. You are a better man than I! Let us know when it arrives.

Back