• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you pay this much for a '91 ? JH4NA1159MT001623

Re: Would you pay this much for a '91 ?

The bullet hole is rather cool, yes. My favorite is the spare tire tossed in the trunk. What is this an 88 Chrysler K Car? Too funny. I love the front bumper too, what's holding that on, zip ties or double stick tape?

WOW!:eek:

That's not a bullet hole. Someone tore the lock out of it.

Some thief probably tried to break in the car by trying to tear the lock out with a tool of some sort.

This is a theft recovery vehicle. A mechanic stated that a piston is broken, and is in the oil pan. That is all we know, and why it is in non-running condition.

That's 1 hell of a hole, although I believe that is where the keyhole is. I bought my NSX from some kid that worked in the F & I department at this place 2 1/2 years ago. At least it was in great shape. Although I never got a true story out of him about the car. I was able to get the truth out of one of the past owners.

Last edited:

Well at least the glass is good :)

The back seats are average though.

smoore said:
bullet hole!!!!??????? lol... god people can't be this stupid on this forums:rolleyes:

Well excuse me pal ! I don't own an NSX and was unaware of the lock location. Since the vehicle was stolen, I just assumed it was a parting gift from the thief. I don't appreciate your snarkiness.

By the way, apparently the high bidders have retracted. Last night the bid was over 14k, but right now it's way back down just above my bid.

Im no mechanic but if I could take a peek at the thing and see exactly whats wrong with it, might be a good buy for 6k. Be a nice track only car. :smile:

96 NSX-T said:
That's 1 hell of a hole, although I believe that is where the keyhole is. I bought my NSX from some kid that worked in the F & I department at this place 2 1/2 years ago. At least it was in great shape. Although I never got a true story out of him about the car. I was able to get the truth out of one of the past owners.

If it were a bullet hole it would be a slug from a 12 gauge for sure.

NSXrunner said:
Im no mechanic but if I could take a peek at the thing and see exactly whats wrong with it, might be a good buy for 6k. Be a nice track only car. :smile:
The listing says there's a piston in the oil pan. :eek:

And the reserve isn't met with the current bid at $6,800. I doubt this will be a deal for anyone.

DOWEN said:
Well excuse me pal ! I don't own an NSX and was unaware of the lock location. Since the vehicle was stolen, I just assumed it was a parting gift from the thief. I don't appreciate your snarkiness.

don't get your panties in a twist i just though it was funny at your expense i guess:biggrin:
Anyway with the miles and needing a motor that car is still worth 10k no question IMO proberly worth more in parts

Carfax shows the last mileage as 100,000.
The minute this car changes titles and the new owner reporst the mileage as 36,000, it's going to be flagged in the system as a rolled back odometer. If nothing else, it's extremely fishy. Does the condition of this car look like it has 36K on it? I'd say more like 136K.

Still worth over $10Gs I'd say, but not much more in such rough condition all over with a non-rebuildable bad motor and untested transmission. God knows what else is wrong with it that they are not disclosing.

The motor,tranny and right door are listed as N/A. No surprise there, but so is the frame. If the frame is straight then this might be an OK deal. If not, then I don't see the car being worth the current bid at $12k.

BTW, for posterity the vin # of this car is listed as JH4NA1159MT001623

And the seller doesn't have much feedback! I'd say it's a scam all the way!

wow the low mileage was the only positive thing about it, but if CARFAX shows it with 100k well that changes everything. hard to believe that someone would bid so much for this apparent shady deal.

I wonder if it doesnt run due to the fact that it doesnt have coil packs... and mechanic gave a BS diag. but with 136K motor should still be good... TB should be together unless we are talking EXTREME abuse. and how do they know a piston is in the oil pan??? did they take it apart see it and go "yup, thats it" and put it back together???? still... its had a hard life... gonnna need lots of TLC

KODIAC said:
how do they know a piston is in the oil pan??? did they take it apart see it and go "yup, thats it" and put it back together????
From the listing:

This is a theft recovery vehicle. A mechanic stated that a piston is broken, and is in the oil pan. That is all we know, and why it is in non-running condition.

Daedalus said:
I wondered the same thing. With the coil packs missing maybe he removed the plugs and felt around with a dowel or went in with a borescope.

...and then determined at that point it was not an easy fix, so now they are selling it.

Not entirely. But it's more work than removing the plugs, and it seems awfully odd to go that far but then leave it in there when putting the pan back on.

I can't imagine though that they would admit that something as extreme as a broken piston existed unless they knew for sure.

Back