Would you drive your NSX in a hurricane?

Would you drive your NSX in a hurricane?

• Yes, in a second

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, on a dare

• Yes, if I had a couple beers

• No, never

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters
Now that Isabel is bearing down on us, I was wondering if anyone out there has ever driven their NSX in a hurricane. Come on, now I know one of you Florida or Texas boys must have done it.

Actually, I don't drive my NSX in the rain either, and never would. Just thought the poll would provide a little amusement for those of us riding out the storm.

I would try my best not to drive the NSX on purpose in those conditions, but if it was my only ride out of potential harms way, I'd definately drive it.

Tomorrow I'm driving to New Hampshire for probably my last event of the year here in the Northeast. I am leaving my house in Jersey at 8:30 PM (so late because of work) I was planning on driving in extremely bad hurricane weather, however as it seems it most likely won't be that bad, it looks like the storm will brush NJ as it passes to our west. IMO, (I'm no expert) you have to use common sense, there is a lot of grey area with this question. For me if it was going to be a Category 4 or 5 storm tomorrow, no way would I drive (unless I was trying to evacuate). Other than that I am just going to take my sweet time.

If I had nine lives, and had a conscience that would permit me to trash an NSX... maybe. It would be one hell of a ride going up that tunnel at 8000RPM. :p

if MYNSX drove through a hurricane, his roof-scoop would suck the twister into the engine. :rolleyes:

If I had nine lives, and had a conscience that would permit me to trash an NSX... maybe. It would be one hell of a ride going up that tunnel at 8000RPM.
You know we were talking about a hurricane, not a tornado. A tornado, I would seek shelter, to hell with the car.

jadkar said:
You know we were talking about a hurricane, not a tornado. A tornado, I would seek shelter, to hell with the car.

Please excuse my ignorance -- we don't have either here in Australia so to me they are the same.

I'd beat back a hurricane with a vaccum cleaner or leaf blower; it ain't touching my NSX! :)

I purchased my NSX on Thursday and drove it from Trenton, NJ to Harrisburg, PA. We got home just as the wind and rain REALLY picked up.

I didn't want to do it, however I wanted the car home. I didn't want to wait until Saturday!!

Call me nutz!!

kenallwine said:
I purchased my NSX on Thursday and drove it from Trenton, NJ to Harrisburg, PA. We got home just as the wind and rain REALLY picked up.

I didn't want to do it, however I wanted the car home. I didn't want to wait until Saturday!!

Call me nutz!!
Ken, I don't blame you, I probably would have done the same.

Back