Would you buy this?

TrustJDM said:
Would you buy this?
Absolutely not.

You say "it doesn't look that bad at all". How do you know this? Do you own a professional body shop, so that you are experienced with what is likely to be damaged and how much it is likely to cost to fix? Do you understand why this person thinks that the car is worth more money by selling it at a cut-rate price than by fixing it first and then selling it? If you don't already know the exact answers to these questions, then I STRONGLY recommend that you run away, as fast as you can.

$30,000,1998? 38K miles? "Sumsing wrong"...... Dr. Henry Lee on his testimony as to the high amount of GHB in blood evidence identified as OJ's blood at the crime scene. My $.02...... Danny Yee.

In no way am I implying that this a good deal, or that you should purchase this car. The low price was what caught my attention and my buddy wanted me to post this onto this forum since NSXprime has many informative members. I was curious of what people thought and wanted some insight on what to look out for. In any case, an NSX goes for high value especially in the Bay Area, therefore the saying "you get what you pay for" would probably hold true.

schuey1010 said:
That is the best line from the ad. DUH!

I know some people stand by CARFAX....but I wouldn't go by anything they have to say. They had my NSX listed as having a Moderate Accident in Jan. 2004. The car was stored from Oct 2003 to April 2004.

When I called them to get it figured out...it took over month to get it straightened out and the pushed the blame on someone else (but wouldn't tell me who).

As far as the car goes...I wouldn't say anything until you take a look at it. That kind of damage to an NSX really cuts the value down so someone may realize that and just want to get something out of it. Don't buy it if you ever plan to sell it because you'll probably get hosed....

But if you want a sweet NSX and you can fit it up enough to look and ride good.... (and money's not the issue) why not! Just be cautious for frame issues and hidden problems.

Back