Worth to buy and rebuild?

So I've been a lurker for a long time. I've had a couple S2k's, and other cars but never jumped the gun to buy an NSX. I've always wanted one and I finally decided to look for one. Preferably a '92-'94. I don't mind the condition as long as it has a clear title and was thinking of possibly get one to rebuild.

Now my friends are telling me that the NSX is a great looking car, but it is going to cost too much to rebuild, and it's a 14+ year old car and even if you rebuild it, it will still have creaks and little noises and such...

So I'm wondering, is it worth rebuilding one, and does the interior or suspension creak and rattle?

Thanks,

Z

So I've been a lurker for a long time. I've had a couple S2k's, and other cars but never jumped the gun to buy an NSX. I've always wanted one and I finally decided to look for one. Preferably a '92-'94. I don't mind the condition as long as it has a clear title and was thinking of possibly get one to rebuild.

Now my friends are telling me that the NSX is a great looking car, but it is going to cost too much to rebuild, and it's a 14+ year old car and even if you rebuild it, it will still have creaks and little noises and such...

So I'm wondering, is it worth rebuilding one, and does the interior or suspension creak and rattle?

Thanks,

Z

I have a 92. No creaks and what nots. Sure it's an older car but but at point are you trying to bring one back?
Nothing against vettes but I have several friends here with them and all the guys rave about how solid "this old ass car" feels and sounds compared to their 2000 plus cars. I will also say I have a coupe. I cannot speak for a T

I have a 92. No creaks and what nots. Sure it's an older car but but at point are you trying to bring one back?
Nothing against vettes but I have several friends here with them and all the guys rave about how solid "this old ass car" feels and sounds compared to their 2000 plus cars. I will also say I have a coupe. I cannot speak for a T

+1 on what he said.
Even though I rarely(if ever) drive mine, it is still rattle free after all of these years.

That's great to know. Thanks for the information. Now I just have to wait for the perfect one to come by.

I would avoid one with even potential drive train issues beyond needing regular maintenance. You will quickly remember the MSRP of this car in 1991 if you need to do major drive train work [a new engine costs more than most 91's for sale].

Back