World Challenge...

Cool. I havent kept up on the World Challenge series in a couple years. Nice to see the TSX's kicking butt. Didn't Cunningham drive a Mazda a year or so ago or am I hallucinating. I seem to remember he drove for someone else. Nice to see him back behind an Acura though. :smile:

Cool. I havent kept up on the World Challenge series in a couple years. Nice to see the TSX's kicking butt. Didn't Cunningham drive a Mazda a year or so ago or am I hallucinating. I seem to remember he drove for someone else. Nice to see him back behind an Acura though. :smile:

You are hallucinating...he owns the team. He won the GT class several years ago in an NSX.

Didn't Cunningham drive a Mazda a year or so ago or am I hallucinating. I seem to remember he drove for someone else. Nice to see him back behind an Acura though. :smile:
PD had a factory ride with Nissan in the WC-Touring class a few years back (RT R while he owned/operated Realtime with the Acuras). I've also seen in him other stuff (Porsche/Flying Lizard @ Rolex 24, etc).

Maybe if Nismo campaigns the GTR in WC-GT (or ALMS GT), we'll see the return of #42 . Acura seems to have decisively exited the big-boy sportscar series :(

PD had a factory ride with Nissan in the WC-Touring class a few years back (RT R while he owned/operated Realtime with the Acuras). I've also seen in him other stuff (Porsche/Flying Lizard @ Rolex 24, etc).

Maybe if Nismo campaigns the GTR in WC-GT (or ALMS GT), we'll see the return of #42 . Acura seems to have decisively exited the big-boy sportscar series :(

I stand corrected...he did run a Nissan.

He actually drove my Nissan SE-R in a couple World Challenge races back in the mid-90's as well. That was when you could still afford to build a World Challenge car without factory support

Nissan! That's it...I thought I haw his name on another brand. Thanks. Glad to know my brain still has a few cels operating. :biggrin:

IIRC, Realtime (or one of their varients also) also campaigned an M3.

I'm also glad the TSX's are starting so well. It was a struggle last year.

Back