Working in Sasebo or Yokosuka Japan??

I am thinking about working out of Sasebo or Yokosuka Japan next year and wanted to know should I bring my NSX there? Not sure if it is going to be practical for now. Any comments or suggestions?

Post this in SoCal forum, I think there is a member(Kevin) moving to Australia next year, and he's bring his NSX.

My understanding is, he needed to convert the left/right hand drive of the car, along with ensure emission regulations are conforming to local country. It's quite costly, but compare to buying a used one in Australia, it's still cheaper.

But then, I would think the cost of NSX in japan is not as outrageous. This is purely a guess.

Which cost

transportation(importing), tax drivers, license, (shaken (2 years cannot do it yearly) for the nsx this STARTS at 100,000 yen! Car park fees etc. Thats before you even drive!

It's quite costly, but compare to buying a used one in Australia, it's still cheaper.

I doubt that. Especially on the registration side, it would be near impossible!
Which is why i came to Japan to import one much easier.

NsXMas said:
Sell the NSX here and buy a new one over there. There's too many NSX's over there already compared to here!! ;)

Yes, there are, but HIS car is quite special and modded. Furthermore it is HIS car with know history and maintenance, I understand him...

Why not to put the car under your father/mother/... name in the US and transport the car there and use it as a tourist would do? :D

Thanks for the responses thus far. Also, will I be able to find a place and maintain "garage queen" status, is english a common language in the areas where I might be possbily going, and what are the shop rates there for repairs?

1TITENSX said:
Forgot to tell everyone that since I am in the military, they will be shipping one car at their expense :cool:

I think US military members are exempt from the local laws as far as emissions and RHD.

But if it was me I'd just leave it here until I got back. Unless you think you could sell it there and make some cash :D

dave22 said:
I think US military members are exempt from the local laws as far as emissions and RHD.

But if it was me I'd just leave it here until I got back. Unless you think you could sell it there and make some cash :D

If I do that, no NSX for 2 yrs :frown:

Back