WooHooo......I'm back in the saddle again!!!

As many of you know my NSX was totaled a few months ago and I've been looking for the right car to replace it with. Well, today I finalized the deal on a beautiful 2004. :biggrin:

Pics to come when I get it home. Should be picking it up Wednesday after work.

hope its not my missing silverstone LOL good for you DOC
you of all people should always have an NSX

Congratulations DocL!

I was sad to read of your loss and we missed you at NSXCapades.

Definitely looking forward to pictures of your next NSX.

Last edited:
wow... fixed headlights ftw

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you're coming back to "the fold". Like others have said, what's the friggin color already? Did you get the prettiest/fastest (yellow), or back to red?
Good luck and enjoy!!!

Congratulations!

Now you'll have to give me another ride at NSXPO, so I can once again say I've ridden in your NSX. :biggrin:

Welcome back Doc !! After ownership of such a great automobile, there is no substitute --- anxious to see the pics. Cheers, Jay

Well I hate to admit it, but it is April 1st. I didn't get an NSX, but there will be a new toy in the garage. It's a 2004 Lotus Esprit. I've always wanted one and I found a nice clean car with a good history. When I saw FeetFxr list his car for sale I almost changed my mind, but I need to experience British car ownership just once. Hopefully it will last long enough until the 2015 NSX arrives. :biggrin:

Sorry to pull this one on you guys, but I couldn't pass up on it.

Please make sure to post pics of your new ride! I'm sure we'd all like to hear your comparisons between the two too.:biggrin:

make sure you put tethers on anything that could fly off the car like side mirrors,wipers,gas filler door.....ect:tongue:

LOL. I'll keep that in mind. I haven't "safety wired" in a while. I'll need to freshen up on my wire twisting this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Please make sure to post pics of your new ride! I'm sure we'd all like to hear your comparisons between the two too.:biggrin:

I certainly will. The ones that I've already test driven reminded me of the NSX. The biggest difference was the torque from the V8TT.

I certainly will. The ones that I've already test driven reminded me of the NSX. The biggest difference was the torque from the V8TT.

I have never driven one but have sat in a few. The biggest difference from just having a seat was the very high tunnel height which moved the shifter into an awkwardly high position. The NSX seating position is better IMHO. However, the Esprit is one of my favorite cars and looks 2X better the NSX in my book. I am sure I am in the minority on this board with that view. :tongue:

Well I hate to admit it, but it is April 1st. I didn't get an NSX, but there will be a new toy in the garage. It's a 2004 Lotus Esprit. I've always wanted one and I found a nice clean car with a good history. When I saw FeetFxr list his car for sale I almost changed my mind, but I need to experience British car ownership just once. Hopefully it will last long enough until the 2015 NSX arrives. :biggrin:

Sorry to pull this one on you guys, but I couldn't pass up on it.

Congrats.... I've ventured that way twice / S4 & V8 and always came
back home to an NSX after a year or so. They're fun cars too! Enjoy!
Looking forward to the pics...

I didn't get an NSX, but there will be a new toy in the garage. It's a 2004 Lotus Esprit...
If that was posted on April 1st, I would've inferred that as the joke! :D

FWIW, the (existence of the) NSX "saved" me from ESPRIT ownership as that was a ride I grew up wanting (Lotus, Bond, mid-ship, minimalist '70s-'80s form-factor, etc)...

Don't know what's a worse joke?

Fooling us about being back in an NSX or going from an NSX to a Esprit??? :tongue:

Hopefully that is a joke too....:wink:

No joke guys. I now own a 2004 Lotus Esprit. Hugh was gracious enough to drive me north 3.5 hours to look at and purchase the car. I've only driven it home so I can't make too many comparisons yet. It is a much different vehicle than the NSX. The Lotus is a pure sports car with very few comforts, unlike the NSX. There are a ton of things I miss with the NSX, but change is good sometimes. The NSX is a much EASIER car to drive, and it's definitely more comfortable. However, the torque of the V8TT is awesome. I need to get a few more miles under my belt, but so far I really enjoy the car. It is the 4th from last Esprit made.

photo-3.jpg
photo-2.jpg
photo.jpg

Nice looking example....I guess when a best of breed pops up in your backyard you gotta take a long look.Who will service it for you?

.Who will service it for you?

Luckily my father uses a mechanic in FT. Lauderdale who specializes in servicing Aston Martin and Lotus. He used to prep Lotus race cars in is younger years. Fortunately here in S. Florida there isn't a shortage of of mechanics to service exotics.

Beautiful car. I love that interior. Congratulations.

Back