• MKIV supra

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
so i've narrowed my next project car to the following
C5 vette
nissan 350Z
NSX
MKiv Supra.

i'm not one to choose the "domestic over import" or much for reputations of car companies.

what i'd like to hear are owners oppinions (love and hate) of their own car. i've posted in most other car forums.

my general idea is to turbo or twin turbo any of the above vehicles. and its probably going to be on jack stands or a lift for months at a time. any recomendations on year? 5 or 6 spd for FI applications?

thanks for your imput.

Personally I would probably choose a C5. You can pick them up relatively cheap now and you get good bang for the buck. I hate to see NSX's all chopped up but to each their own.

Your username Xyloft is like a mix between Xanax and Zoloft :) Take two pills and call us in the morning.

hlweyl said:
Personally I would probably choose a C5. You can pick them up relatively cheap now and you get good bang for the buck. I hate to see NSX's all chopped up but to each their own.

Your username Xyloft is like a mix between Xanax and Zoloft :) Take two pills and call us in the morning.

dang you are on it. Xyloft is how i misspelled Zoloft back in 96. its so original it just kind of stuck...i never have to put a 1 behind it when i log into anything.

so you aren't a fan of highly modded NSX's? as far as it being "chopped" i'm not into engine swapping, stripping interiors, or anything like that. I think a car that *could* be a daily driver, though is really tuned out, is better than an offroad only racer.

to each their own.. but yea, i can pick up a C5 for 20k and have 10k left over for a twin turbo and tuning.

Xyloft,

At first I would have guessed your user name was a cross between Xylocaine and Zoloft. But i can see a misspelling of Zoloft in there.

Anyways, onto ur question. A turboed Nsx will cost $$$. If you are willing to spend the $$$, then you will have a truly unique and fast car. But as you stated how you can get a C5 for $20k and have $10k left over for the turbo, you might need more than $10k for a similarly performing Nsx.

Check out the forum section "Forced Induction and Nitrous", search around, and you will see your turbo options. It may not be cheap, but you can turbo your Nsx to compete with turboed/modded versions of the cars on your list.

Xyloft said:
so i've narrowed my next project car to the following
C5 vette
nissan 350Z
NSX
MKiv Supra.

Depending on your goal.

If you only care about HP and straight line performance, go with Supra turbo, other wise getting NSX is no brainer, you will love it.

If you do decide to get a Supra, you might want to consider Supra with auto tranny. Supra TT 6spd are extremely tough to find and expensive.

There are plenty of 600+rwhp single turbo Supras out there with stock engine internal.

Only thing I can say is be prepared to spend alot of $$$

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Only thing I can say is be prepared to spend alot of $$$

yea. most probably i'm looking at a long term (couple years) project. the Greddy twin turbo setup for a nissan 350z is 7000$ and the one C5 LS1 i've seen was 7500 not including programming and tuning. then of course theres the drivetrain work to support that kind of horse power.

i want the car to be an all around performer in roadrace, drag, i may even play with drifitng. the only difference would be how i set up the suspension for each event, so to start i'd probably set it up for road race type events.

If you want to turbocharge one of these cars, I would go with the C5. If your budget permits, I would get an 02' and up ZO6. I previously had two 03' ZO6s, one w/ an ATI Procharger with various Lingenfelter parts generating approximately 600 rwhp and 500 rwtq. That car would roast the tires through third gear. I have a friend with a twin turbo ZO6 and the torque is monstrous compared to my supercharged car.

In regards to the 350Z, you will never approach the acceleration of a blown Vette. I have been in a highly tuned Greddy twin turbo G35 6-speed and it had a hard time keeping up with a stock ZO6. Also, the ZO6 will run circles around the Nissan on the track.

As someone mentioned in a previous post, the NSX will be expensive to generate similar power. The Supra on the otherhand can be a beast, but they are boring to drive in my opinion.

Have fun with your decision.

Back