wired noise

hello,

i found this wired noise came out from this car, im not sure if its front or back but sounded like belt slipping but im not sure if it is.
i was on "D" on my auto nsx, and i was standing still with the brake pressing, but as soon as i start moving, the sound came out. when i slowed down, the sound was gone....
anyone here had a problem?
the sound never came back on afterwards/// but im not sure if it will later.
please help.
thanks.

It was probably the ABS pump running to charge the system. It sounds a lot like a squealing belt.

by the way, i went to my mechanic today morning, and what i found out was the coolant was leaking, it wasnt leaking but i saw some coolant mark around the belt area, and the oil filter area,
is this related to timing belt and water pump?
my mechanic said they gatta change the tbelt and water pump, but since they never had experience with nsx's so you guys tell me what this is.
thanks!

Coolant leaking is priority #1. Sounds like it could be weeping from the water pump so they are probably right. You need to find someone experienced with NSX's.

I believe Larry Bastanza is up in that area, don't know how far it is for you though.

djjoonie said:
my mechanic said they gatta change the tbelt and water pump, but since they never had experience with nsx's so you guys tell me what this is.
I agree that it's probably because of the old design of the water pump and the weep tube.

However, I would never let my NSX timing belt get changed by anyone with no NSX experience.

Send a PM to Larry Bastanza (that's his username). He's less than an hour from the city and he knows the NSX inside and out. He'll be cheaper than most dealers, too.

Back