Winter Truck

ok, it snows up here. a Lotus will be plain stupid.

Seroiusly though, which would you choose? a 2000 4.6 Range rover (no nav, but rear tv w/ vcr) or a 2001 4.4 X5 (loaded, no sport package, but activaty, cold climate, and GPS)

I love the rover because I had a range prior to my nsx, and absolutly loved it. The x5 on the other hand is faster, and handles better, not to mention the interior layout is nearly identical to my 750iL (which is still my fav car) I knew what everything did in the car, much to the suprise of the salesman (I went to the dealership in the prelude, which I want to trade in on it)

Opinions are welcome!

------------
Auraraptor

Current family:
99 Mina
98 Katrina
97 Nina
88 Alissa
82 Jessica

btw, a nav is not such a big thing for me as I have a Magellan (sp?) in the prelude that I could just hook up into the rover.

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina"

Although a Range Rover is a super nice truck, I would enjoy the X5 much more.

It may not have quite the "prestige" as the Range Rover but the X5 is:

1. faster
2. handles better
3. more fuel efficient
4. more reliable
5. current body style and will probably hold its value better
6. a BMW

The X5 can't hold much cargo but neither can the Range Rover. Just my 2 cents.

well, ive only driven, never owned the x5. I do own the range rover--wife's vehicle. Personally, it is still(and ive got a 98 4.0) the best sport ute ive owned and my fav of all ive driven. this includes the escalade and navigator, though still havent driven the redesigned navigator.

if you want a real offroad vehicle, get the rover. if you want fun, practical run about, the x5 makes a lot of sense. Personally, i think they are looks wise a real wallflower. but to each their own.

I just cant completely explain the rover, it feels 'heavy' like a truck, but handles sooo much better than you expect. Ive always felt comfortable driving it, esp on long trips. body sway at speed is nominal, doesnt ever get blown about like my escalade, or any other truck ive driven. and ive had it offroad and the rover is a blast to drive. just crank up the old suspension to water crossing and you can pass over most subcompacts without scratchin em.

anyway---i will probably eventually get another. our current has 70k--im curious when to start worrying about catastrophic failure. any other owners out there have advice???

Back