Winter storage

assuming synthetic oil ? I would not unless truly obsessive but my practice is to do it as I take it out for the spring , no right or wrong way . actually last time I did it why such low mileage. my buddy asked if he can have my oil for his every da car lol. feel your pain as well being here in north east . I did a timing belt on time that had less them 700 miles on it. I add fuel stabilizer and also put some bounce sheets inside cockpit and trunk and I over inlflate tires by few pounds ,

If that is full synthetic oil and assuming that is not 700 x 1 mile trips (the engine is getting up to operating temperature on each trip) and your PVC system is not gummed up then my opinion is go 2 years on an oil change. I am doing around 1000 miles per year or less and about 6 years ago I switched to changing the oil and filter every two years. I do my oil change in the Fall so that it only has one winter of storage with 'less than fresh' oil.

Warm weather driving is much more conducive to the oil staying clean than winter driving. The oil that comes out after two years when I do my oil changes is looking pretty fresh. Save it for use in your gas lawnmower if you have one.

Back