Windshield washer quit

Have you waxed the car recently? It may be as simple wax built up in the holes on your hood. Try a straight pin.

I had the washer motor go out on my M3 and that is what I think is wrong with yours. If it makes no sound whatsoever, I would change out the motor. If you hear the motor working, but it just doesn't spray, try cleaning out the squirters. It was only $30 for the BMW one and a real easy DIY.

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 17 April 2002).]

Who uses windshield washers, muchless wipers even, on an NSX? Really weird. Doesn't that leave wiper marks on your windshield and get fluid on the paint?
smile.gif

I have the same problem. I have not checked it out yet. I have reviewed the service manual though. First they say check to make sure the tank is full. Then check the fuse. Third, disconect the plug to the washer pump and wire 12 volts straight to the pump motor. This will rule out all other electrical wire, plugs and relays. When you touch the 12 volts to the pump you should get a small spark, which may not be visible in day light. This should tell that the winding is good. If the pump doesn't turn it may be just some rust/gunk/debree in the impellar. You can somtimes free them up by forcing water thru them. This worked on my Ford truck. I think not using it causes this. By the way the pump in my Ford truck looks indentical to the pump in the NSX. I will post again when I try these tips on my car in a week or two.

Back