Window washer nosel removal

Does any one know how to remove the window washer nosels from the hood? They don't seem to be able to be twisted or pop off. Are they held on by a nut?

Also, can the washer system tube clamps be removed without breaking them?

Thanks

put a thin flat head under one side of the nozzle and pull with one finger on the other side that will release the 2 prongs.

Now.. years of waxing will have made a nice seal so your gonna need to pull hard to release it

the tubes clamps I swear there must be a trick but normally I twist them till they are sitting in the square at an angle and pull down but it only works sometimes and I break more than I save. most will bend back once pulled like a beast.

don't worry the tube will not break pulling on it.

goodluck.

V
put a thin flat head under one side of the nozzle and pull with one finger on the other side that will release the 2 prongs.

Now.. years of waxing will have made a nice seal so your gonna need to pull hard to release it

the tubes clamps I swear there must be a trick but normally I twist them till they are sitting in the square at an angle and pull down but it only works sometimes and I break more than I save. most will bend back once pulled like a beast.

don't worry the tube will not break pulling on it.

goodluck.

Thanks Shawn, I'll give it try. I probably better order some tube holders LOL

Use a deep socket. I cannot remember but it's 8 or 10 mm I think. Pull the water line, slip the socket over the nozzle and push. It depresses the tabs and the washer pops right off.

mcano, use a 8mm deep socket and push it from underneath, theres two tabs positioned front and rear of car

OK, I was able to get the nosels off ok, I think I'm going just get new hold down clips rather than trying to get them without breaking them.

Thanks for all of the advice guys!

Back