Window pulley thingies

My car doors are apart since they are being blended with the paint on the front end. While it's all apart I thought it best to replace the thingies that cause the window to move slowly.........Chuck said to check out SOS, but I cannot find them on their site............so if anyone has the vendor and part number please advise asap so I can get them ordered and installed while everything is already apart.........passenger side is a bit slow (not totally dead) and drivers is perfect - but best to replace them now after 19 yrs.............

Appreciate the reference

Shawna

Shawna,
By '95, I don't think the window fixit "thingy" was an issue.
However, there was huga-buga with his pulley that replaced the nylon "pylons" that the cable slides over. But, recent attempts by a number of people to contact huga-buga for more kits were not successful.
As an alternative to the whole hug-buga kit, which included a pulley and new guide blocks, I purchased nylon guide blocks to replace the rubber-like ones that don't slide so easily.
I found them on Prime, from Bradley (Brad) Brummett at [email protected]

I haven't installed them yet - I'm replacing my clutch & refurbishing the CV boots first.

Let me know if you need more info.

Frank

Last edited:
Thanks Frank..........I'm doing some research as Bram (Canada) had some sets that he saw and I'm finding out what they consist of. He also said the Hug-buga kit is no longer being made and not sure what is needed as nothing is broken and the passenger window just goes up slower then the other one.......

Last edited:
Hi Shawna,

On my NSX, the passenger window is slower. Same thing on someone else's before I helped him install the huga-buga kit. Do I sense a trend here???

It definitely is worth cleaning the window tracks & re-greasing them while the doors are apart. If nothing else, have them not install the small leather-trimmed panel that snaps in behind the door pull. That sometimes can be a bear to remove. On my car, one side came out in seconds, the other took a half hour to coax out. (or maybe I just don't have the knack for that removal & its simple for everyone else.) The rest of the panel removal is easy to remove for someone doing the clean & grease and/or installing a kit to help speed up the windows.
Frank

Thanks Frank..........I understand from Bram that after 93 it's a different mechanism and he said the older sets were over $300. Since my windows are just slow it's more a case of cleaning them and regreasing with Carbon Grease and I'm checking to see if the shop will know how to do this.............

Good info here from Frank and Bram, and no need to replace parts............just some basic good old cleaning..........

Last edited:
this place maybe able to help you if you cant find the p[arts yourself

1377 41th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11218 - View Map<!--IE fix-->
40.63884 -73.98635 Phone: (718) 851-0100
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.windowregulatorsusa.com<!--IE fix-->
<!-- Place this tag where you want the +1 button to render. --><iframe style="POSITION: static; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 106px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 24px; VISIBILITY: visible; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id="I0_1406321340430" title="+1" tabindex="0" vspace="0" marginheight="0" src="https://apis.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?usegapi=1&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manta.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manta.com%2Fc%2Fmmcrd9s%2Fwindow-regulator-usa&gsrc=3p&ic=1&hostiemode=8&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.eaVDFEwaivY.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Ft%3Dzcms%2Frs%3DAItRSTNzsEigz7ETIuK2kh_sIWImm7NlLg#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh%2Conload&id=I0_1406321340430&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manta.com&pfname=&rpctoken=97298199" frameborder="0" width="100%" allowtransparency="" name="I0_1406321340430" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" hspace="0" data-gapiattached="true"></iframe>

Back