Willow springs track day ( streets )

The track Date is Friday July 31 , 2009 , * start time is 8:00am - 5pm. this will be on the “STREETS".

THIS EVENT IS CANCELeD, I HAD PEOPLE SIGN UP AND NOT PAY, SO I DONT HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS TO PAY FOR THE TRACK FEES. SORRY TO EVERYONE WHO WAS PLANNING ON GOING AND PAID UP.

Patrick

Last edited:
Hi Patrick. Although I am ready to satisfy my track jones once again, I am planning on going to an event where I can drive with my girlfriend. So, that leaves out Willow Springs from what I know. If things change, I'll let you know.

PS. What happened to the other pics you said you would post from the March 23 Big Willow track event? The two pics you shot of me below are awesome.

th_WillowSprings.jpg

th_Turn4atWillowSprings.jpg

Thanks!

Steve

hay steve, sorry i have not posted the pics yet,, my new baby boy has been taking up all my free time. ill try ot odo it soon.

patrick

hay steve, sorry i have not posted the pics yet,, my new baby boy has been taking up all my free time. ill try ot odo it soon.

patrick

Hey, first things first. Congratulations on your new boy!

This sounds interesting... Do you have photos of the course? And by streets I'm guessing they are closing roads for this or what? Let me know thx :biggrin:

This sounds interesting... Do you have photos of the course? And by streets I'm guessing they are closing roads for this or what? Let me know thx :biggrin:

LOL :smile: "the streets" is just the name of the track , its a closed course at a real race track. not on public streets.

here is a pic of the track, we use the bowl and the skid pad as part of the track.
StreetLg.gif

I was there last saturday with "Speed Ventures" open track day. It was so hot that not only my tires were melting, but had left my i pod in a box outside, and it melted too.

Never been to the "streets" , but the big track was awesome.

Might be interested, but might be becoming a dad around that day, so gotta take a rain check.

Big willow are for those with higher HP and want to test it out. Streets is a very quick and windy track. Its made for those with lower HP, typically, and want to feel the G's. I know of plenty 500+ whp on streets, and they all tell me that Big Willow is better (for their application). I personally love streets. Especially the bowl and the chicanes. Horse thief was fun, but mainly for drifters.

Hi Patrick,

I don't mean to pirate your thread. I'll be at Big Willow again on Aug. 8. I hope the super high temps will alleviate a little by then. Hope your event goes well.

I posted a "survey" thread in the 'Track Talk' folder for a super autocross event I am planning at the El Toro Marine Base. This is scheduled for Oct. 24. Assuming I officially announce this event, this 'open event' will be some serious bang for the buck. NSX'ers will get first dibs, but I don't expect to reach the 75 entrant quota with only NSXs. Just a heads-up if you haven't seen it.

Steve

Hi Patrick,

I don't mean to pirate your thread. I'll be at Big Willow again on Aug. 8. I hope the super high temps will alleviate a little by then. Hope your event goes well.

I posted a "survey" thread in the 'Track Talk' folder for a super autocross event I am planning at the El Toro Marine Base. This is scheduled for Oct. 24. Assuming I officially announce this event, this 'open event' will be some serious bang for the buck. NSX'ers will get first dibs, but I don't expect to reach the 75 entrant quota with only NSXs. Just a heads-up if you haven't seen it.

Steve

nice,.,, keep me posted on it,, im interested!

Back