Will HSC be welcome here??

Not sure if this has been brought up or not......

With all the talk of the HSC possibly starting production next year, will NSX Prime welcome the HSC owners as well?? I figured this is a good point to debate. Will there be general acceptance here because it is a "NSX replacement" or will all the original NSX owners say no I don't think it belongs?

I personally think the future owners should belong to this forum, but it does make for a good discussion. Also....what about the NSX club of America, how will they handle the HSC and it's owners????

Please.....the floor is open:):)

DUDE, good question! I say let treat the NSX/HSC as one :biggrin:

jadkar said:
I personally think the future owners should belong to this forum, but it does make for a good discussion. Also....what about the NSX club of America, how will they handle the HSC and it's owners????

I agree. :biggrin:

I say that we wait and see if the production model HSC (if that is what it will be called when finally offered to the public) is of the same quality as the NSX. Who knows, the HSC may be just another mass produced vehicle in the same realm of Nissan 350Z, Porsche Boxster, and others trying to capture a market share of the 25yo - 35yo buyer demographic.

IMHO- If the replacement to the current NSX is truly a limited production vehicle (exotic) with the same quality of assembly, supurb driving characteristics, and overall dynamic features as the current NSX then yes, we should welcome the new model. If the vehicle meets these criteria then perhaps NSXPRIME / Lud would create a sub-catagory for the new model. But keep in mind that this is NSXPRIME.

Remember... that is exactly what a New Model will be- a Replacement! Not an upgraded version of the NSX! Personally, I would have much prefered an updated/upgraded model of the NSX keeping the same designation of NSX. Perhaps calling it NSX 4.0 or whatever the new displacement will be offered.

I guess that we will just have to wait and see what HONDA has planned.

Are we sure that it will be called HSC?? No matter what, I think that it should be included. I hope they keep the name NSX alive. With models in the Acura lineup using RSX and TSX, I would think the NSX should continue. HSC is too weird a name to say. The 911 or Corvette would not have the heritage they do without keeping their name the same all these years. Ferrari has a great heritage as a company, but their cars are all a bunch of varying numbers based on engine displacement etc. I think Acura really screwed the pooch by getting rid of the Legend and Integra names. People really liked the Legend name especially. I know it's more trendy to have numbers and letters in the name, but people (especially the US) seem to like names on cars.

Cruzrmm said:
...if that is what it will be called when finally offered to the public...
Unless the HSC is in the same league with the NSX, I think Honda should retire the NSX name. Having said that, 300 hp and lighter than the current NSX might be alright to continue the name N S X and thus, by definition, be suitable to be part of this forum.

still in the womb, not yet guys...!

hmmm... The HSC can possiby be:

- a glorified CL (GT 2+2, v6 300hp = RL!) :rolleyes:

- a NSX influenced "Ferrari Killer" (detuned F1 V10!!!) :tongue:

- a new genre/class (hybrid, technological tour de force, but not a track-champ) :cool:

I personally would like the NSX name retired, regardless w/ what Honda may ultimately decide to offer. The Corvette, Porsche 911, and other cars have evolved through time. The HSC seems to be a revolution, a new beginning.

I also agree we need to wait and see what market placement and price the HSC will be in if they make it. If it is called the HSC but cost $100K or close to what the MSRP of the currernt NSX is, I say welcome. If it is a Corvette competitor in the $60-$70K range, I say good for Honda/Acura, but make a new forum for it. I'd actually be willing to buy one, but I wouldn't consider it an NSX replacement, but more like a new Honda/Acura sports car similar to the S2000. Great car, but totally different market. Now, if they do make the car a $60-$70K Corvette competitor, I rather see them drop the NSX name and call it the HSC or something else. If it iis $100K range, I would like the NSX name, but HSC would be fine with me as well.

Re: HSC Prime

NeoNSX said:
Looks like they will pretty soon.

Wow! What a great site! Whoever is working on the HSCPrime site is awesome! They should be paid for all the work they do on it. I bet it will be really cool! Kudos to you! :biggrin:

I would hold any reasonable bet that "HSC" won't be the real name for the series car - doesn't sound good enough in any language. And: Do a search on the net with "HSC". It seems there are a lot of things and companies that already use this abbreviation. Maybe Honda wouldn't even have the right to call the production car HSC (a prototype is something different).

OTOH: Would be too bad for this beautiful HSX prime site.

Some food for thought...

hmmm... NSX-Racer has shed some light on a good point!

Honda's North American & Hong Kong "luxury/sports" division, namely Acura has lately been keen w/ "X"... RSX, TSX, MDX, NSX. Somethings to note are: Honda never has had a model name beginning w/ "H" and Acura hasn't had a model name beginning w/ "A" in its rather short 20yr history. Would is sound weird, Honda HSX/HSC?

HSX does have a nice sound to it, but if the HSC is going to be uber-upmarket (as the NSX was), I'd personally like for it to have a name a bit more original & exclusive ("_"SX seems a bit ubiquitous now w/ the RSX, etc).
:cool:

Last edited:
I will welcome it regardless of what it is called. I am sure that if it is made, it is going to be a "super" car. I just hope it is about 400 HP.

Talked to a Acura dealer concering possible purchase of 05 NSX to replace my 91. He said new 06 replacement will NOT be hand built. IMO - the HSC will probably be a steel body, massed produced, V6, competing with 350z, Porsche Boxster, low end Vette. If this is true the HSC has no place here just as the RSX, TSX, etc do not.

smhrednsx91 said:
Talked to a Acura dealer concering possible purchase of 05 NSX to replace my 91. He said new 06 replacement will NOT be hand built.
Don't trust the words of any Acura/Honda dealer. The past has shown that they are usualy the least who are really informed about Honda's plans - this has been documented also here on Prime.

I hope the call it Optimus. That way we can have a new site called OptimusPrime.com! :smile:

Back