wife had her identity stolen

so i noticed a few unfamiliar transactions on my wife and i's credit card statement. Stupid me for not typically itemizing each statement and just paying the bill. As I looked in more detail (went back 3 more months) the same charge appeared $89.95 Green Coffee Arizona Oct 23. $89.95 Green Coffee Arizona Nov 3, $89.95 Green Coffee Arizona Dec 4, $89.95 Green Coffee Arizona Jan 3rd.

I called card services to dispute the charges and cancel both her and my card. They suggested I call the merchant to find out a bit more about the company and the charges.... Thats when all the fun began:eek:

I was directed to a customer service agent who asked me for my account number. I told her I don't have an account and want to know why the hell you are charging me 89.95 a month for the past 4 months????? She then asked for my last name, I gave it to her. I have found your account, THey had my wifes name, her email address, our home address, her phone number and our credit card number. THis company is a weight loss supplement company and claims that my wife signed up for a one year program. I told them my wife has not signed up for such a program and i want my fucking money back. after repeatedly telling her the black and white over and over and asking for her supervisor she threw me on hold for 20 min and i was eventually disconnected. Called back, same thing.

I called card services back and explained all the BS i just went through per their suggestions and they agreed to credit my account with a signed affadavid and cancel our cards.

Ironically, my wife called me min later saying she just got an email that reads:
[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 6"]
<TBODY>[TR]
[TD="width: 291, bgcolor: transparent"][/TD]
[TD="width: 309, bgcolor: transparent"]
Refunded Order Notification<o:p></o:p>
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]
<o:p> </o:p>
[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable"]
<TBODY>[TR]
[TD="width: 1"] <o:p></o:p>
[/TD]
[TD="width: 600, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable"]
<TBODY>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TABLE="class: MsoNormalTable, width: 427"]
<TBODY>[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Order Number: 82629<o:p></o:p>
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]
Ordered on 01/03/2014 03:44am<o:p></o:p>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"] <o:p></o:p>
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 2"]Dear Ellen XXXXX
This email is to inform you that we have refunded the amount of $89.95 back to your payment method originally used on order number 82629, which was originally purchased on 01/03/2014 03:44am for the total amount of $89.95.<o:p></o:p>
If you have any questions about this notification or if you feel you are receiving this in error, please feel free to contact our Customer Service team.<o:p></o:p>
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

Look at the time this crap was ordered? No company name, generic no reply email address. To make a long story short, THis is the first time I have experienced this and it's amazing what people can accomplish. Glad it wasnt worse. I will tell you one thing... If i'm going to commit a crime that could potentially put me away in prison for a long time it sure as shit isnt going to be for a weight loss supplement :cool:

Back