• Thread starter Thread starter AZNSX
  • Start date Start date
A

AZNSX

Wife 1.0 Just Released

Dear Tech Support, Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0
and noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that
took up a lot of new space and valuable resources. No mention of this
phenomenon was included in the product brochure.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and
launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other
system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Drunken Boys
Night 2.5 and Saturday Football 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system
whenever selected.

I cannot seem to keep wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run
some of my other favorite applications. I am thinking about going back
to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall does not work on this program.

Can you please help me !!!??? Thanks, A TROUBLED USER

Dear TROUBLED USER, This is a very common problem men complain about,
but is mostly due to a primary misconception. Many people upgrade from
Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a
UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and
designed by it's creator to run everything.

It is unlikely you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert
back to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating files within your system would
cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0 so nothing is gained.

It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from
the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because
Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this.

Some have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with
more problems than the original system. Look in your manual under
"Warnings- Alimony/Child support". I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and
deal with the situation.

I suggest installing background application program C:\YES DEAR to
alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I
might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General
Partnership Faults (GPFs). You must assume all responsibility for faults
and problems that might occur, regardless of their cause. The best
course of action will be to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE. In any case
avoid excessive use of C:\YES DEAR because ultimately you may have to
give the APOLOGIZE command before the operating system will return to
normal. The system will run smoothly as long as you take the blame for
all the GPFs.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high-maintenance. Consider buying
additional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. I recommend
Flowers 3.1 and Diamonds 2K. Do not, under any circumstances install
Secretary with Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported application for
Wife 1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating
system.

Best of Luck, Tech Support

I've never tried the software wife 1.0 (too chicken) but so far, Im enjoying GF40.0+ and NSX93.0 OS
biggrin.gif

Intelligent humor.
Funny as hell!!
You guy's are great.

I've got a "very" rare operating system
"Fiance" 3.5,I am afraid to upgrade to the
full control system Wife 1.0 or any other.

It's a very expensive maintaince schedule "but" I find it works for me.
If I can be trained to work w/in the parameters Wife 1.0 offers I would concider
the upgrade but the training I have seen I was not impressed by.

I'll remain openminded and committed in the meantime to my 3.5.
smile.gif

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

i had to uninstall girlfriend 6.0 due to a virus. luckily it didn't screw up my hardware.
then i got a demo version of wife 1.0 but
it stopped putting out... errr.. outputting after the trial period so i ended up buying it.

[This message has been edited by nicholas421 (edited 06 January 2003).]

Software helpline excerpt ..................

Wife 1.0

I'm currently running the latest version of GirlFriend and I've been having some problems lately. I've been running the same version of DrinkingBuddies 1.0 forever as my primary application, and all the GirlFriend releases I've tried have always conflicted with it.

I hear that DrinkingBuddies won't crash if GirlFriend is run in background mode and the sound is turned off. But I'm embarrassed to say I can't find the switch to turn the sound off. I just run them separately, and it works okay. Girlfriend also seems to have a problem co-existing with my Golf program, often trying to abort Golf with some sort of timing incompatibility.

I probably should have stayed with GirlFriend 1.0, but I thought I might see better performance from GirlFriend 2.0. After months of conflicts and other problems, I consulted a friend who has had experience with GirlFriend 2.0. He said I probably didn't have enough cache to run GirlFriend 2.0, and eventually it would require a Token Ring to run properly.

He was right - as soon as I purged my cache, it uninstalled itself.

Shortly after that, I installed GirlFriend 3.0 beta. All the bugs were supposed to be gone, but the first time I used it, it gave me a virus anyway. I had to clean out my whole system and shutdown for a while.

I very cautiously upgraded to GirlFriend 4.0. This time I used a SCSI probe first and also installed a virus protection program. It worked okay for a while until I discovered that GirlFriend 1.0 was still in my system. I tried running GirlFriend 1.0 again with GirlFriend 4.0 still installed, but GirlFriend 4.0 has a feature I didn't know about that automatically senses the presence of any other version of GirlFriend and communicates with it in some way, which results in the immediate removal of both versions.

The version I have now works pretty well, but there are still some problems. Like all versions of GirlFriend, it is in some obscure language that I can't understand, much less reprogram. Frankly I think there is too much attention paid to the look and feel rather than the desired functionality. Also, to get the best connections with your hardware, you usually have to use gold-plated contacts. And I've never liked how GirlFriend was totally "object-oriented."

A year ago, a friend of mine upgraded his version of GirlFriend to GirlFriendPlus 1.0, which is a Terminate and Stay Resident version of GirlFriend. He discovered that GirlFriendPlus 1.0 expires within a year if you don't upgrade to Fiancee 1.0.

So he did, but soon after that, he had to upgrade to Wife 1.0, which he describes as a huge resource hog. It has taken up all his space, so he can't load anything else. One of the primary reasons he decided to go with Wife 1.0 was because it came bundled with FreeSexPlus.

Well, it turns out the resource allocation module of Wife 1.0 sometimes prohibits access to FreeSexPlus, particularly the new Plug-Ins he wanted to try. On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up system before he can do anything. Although he did not ask for it, Wife 1.0 came with MotherInLaw, which has an automatic pop-up feature he can't turn off.

I told him to try installing Mistress 1.0, but he said he heard if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.0 won't install anyway because of insufficient resources.

WIFE 1.0 UPGRADE

The following is a letter from a computer user writing to Helpdesk:

Dear Sir

Last year I upgraded Girlfriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system initialization where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Pokernight 10.3 and Beerbash 2.5 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected. I cannot seem to purge Wife 1.0 from my system. I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 1.0 but un-install does not work on this program. Can you help me?

Jonathan

Response:

Dear Sir,

This is a very common problem men complain about, but is mostly due to a primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea that Wife 1.0 is merely a "UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT" program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by its creator to run everything. It is impossible to un-install, delete, or purge the program from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 1.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this. Some have tried to install Girlfriend 2.0 or Wife 2.0, but end up with more problems than the original system. Look in your manual under Warnings - Alimony / Child Support. I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and just deal with the situation.

Having Wife 1.0 installed myself, I might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General Protection Faults (GPFs). You must assume all responsibility for faults and problems that might occur. The best course of action will be to push the "apologize" button then "reset" button as soon as lock-up occurs. System will run smoothly as long as you take the blame for all GPFs. Wife 1.0 is a great program but you incur very high maintenance costs.

Wife 1.0 is a great program but you incur very high maintenance costs.
--------------------------------------------

How much worse can it get!!This GF 1.0 costs thousands/month in month by month service contracts.

Sure the data is transferable/upgradable,but "not" inexpensive by any means.Multiple hours of downloading transferable data.

But to not be able to purge "ALL" files on Wife 1.0 can be terminal to my operating system and all it's componants.Car show 3.2 would be sacrificed. Sushi 3.6 would barely operate.Home alone 1.7 would never operate.
Not to mention Solitude 4.0

I have found the need to operate GF1.0's for at least a few years (slow transfer rate of files)
smile.gif
before either purchasing a competitors GF 1.0 or Wife 1.0.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

although it maybe very expensive ..sometimes its best to re format the hard drive and get a new operating system which will be more user friendly and works with old software without crashing.

Don't forget, it doesn't work if you try to insert a floppy -& if it doesn't reformat your software into firmware, don't buy it

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 06 January 2003).]

And we wont even go into what viruses will do to the whole system... =) Nevermind having any old versions of girlfriend 7.0 and the new and improved Wife 1.0 networked... that will cause some serious system instability! Make sure your firewall is bulletproof before mixing versions on the same network!!
biggrin.gif

-Electro

AZNSX, where did you get this GREAT IDEA? You must have seen it somehwere before. I applaud you. And, MAJOR STONE, very well done. AND, for the rest of you, you've got to agree this is TRUE and I'm still LMAO...
cool.gif

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

Originally posted by Timeless:
AZNSX, where did you get this GREAT IDEA? You must have seen it somehwere before. I applaud you. And, MAJOR STONE, very well done. AND, for the rest of you, you've got to agree this is TRUE and I'm still LMAO...
cool.gif

Stole it from a local forums.

I have another work around if you've installed wife 1.0. but still like Girlfriend 7.0. This is a multi-site strategy and requires significant assets. Also this approach should only be used by those who have successful had multiple Girlfriend 7.0 installed. I perfected this in college and found that you need to have the right Girlfriend 7.0. The best configs have been when each Girlfriend 7.0 knows about the other and doesn't care, Even better is when they like working togther.

So here's the approach, you can run wife 1.0 at one site, and if you're really careful, install additional versions of Girlfriend 7.0. Make sure you have properly configured Girlfriend 7.0 sites or you life will become pure hell.

Also the key for this to work is making absolutely sure that networking is turned off. This is really key when running Wife1.0 as it normal does not tolerate any other programs. The best approach I have found so far is to have Wife 1.0 and Girlfriend 7.0 running is to have install sites located on different continents. Also some countries offer better services than others due to local customs. But overal just having time and distance between the sites works very well.

Now if you deploy this strategy and for some reason networking gets turned on, you'll need to immediately make a decision whether use the uninstall program Divorce 1.0. I've not tried this yet but heard it's much more expensive than shutting down Girlfriend 7.0 sites.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 06 January 2003).]

*LOL* And who said computer-nerd jokes weren't funny?
smile.gif

Problem with all versions of GirlFriend x.0 and Wife x.0 is they are ALL BUGGY... no amount of patching can fix this.

That's why i upgraded to NSX v1.0 ... lower maintenance, flawless looks 24hr/day and smoother handling.
biggrin.gif

Heres my advise. Install girlfriend 7.0 and girlfriends friend 2.0. Then install Budweiser 24+. This program will work very well for one enjoyable night. However the next morning expect a massive ERROR.

Before you purchase Girlfriend X.0 or Wife X.0, just make sure that your selection is not based on the Linux operating system...

After all, Linux is a "community-based" operating system and a lot of guys from around the world have already had their hands on the operating system already...

In other words, your next-door neighbor's son may have already played with the core modules of your Girlfriend X.0 or Wife X.0 before you did...
wink.gif

Back