Nice.

Attachments

• widegal_1.jpg
    widegal_1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 4,916
  • widegal_2.jpg
    widegal_2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 4,340
Thats the hottest thing Ive ever seen! :eek: Whoa!

What's an NSX? :biggrin:

very nice.....the rear is reminiscent of an mr2. kind of funny.

OMG!! WOW!!! i never really like the stock look of the Gallardo but damn!! thats pretty sweet!! looks like ima have to save that.

So, does this kit make the Gallardo better in any way? By that I mean is the car lighter now or have the aerodynamics been measurably improved?

I ask because I've struggled to see the appeal of wide body kits. Surely there's something besides appearance involved. Isn't there? What am I missing?

Toy yoda?!?

SilverStone05 said:
very nice.....the rear is reminiscent of an mr2. kind of funny.

Funny you say that... as the first time I saw the Lamborghini Gallardo a year or so ago, I thought it was a Celica widebody... :tongue:

bergam_1062487898_celica.jpg

11954Car_got_broken_into_001-med.jpg

supra_1873_149190751

778953_2_full.jpg

Anyways, the Gallardo widebody looks cool... I imagine in person it's probably as wide as it's already uber-chub' sibling, the Murcielago! :biggrin:

Well with a wide body, the back to rear tires can be wider, hence giving you more of a car-to-road percentage, basicly grip

bodypainter said:
So, does this kit make the Gallardo better in any way? By that I mean is the car lighter now or have the aerodynamics been measurably improved?

I ask because I've struggled to see the appeal of wide body kits. Surely there's something besides appearance involved. Isn't there? What am I missing?

I agree. I can't see the appeal of bodykits other than making a car look different (not good, but different) Its a damn Lambo...leave it stock. Bodykits only cheapen an exotic. Rant off. :D

That looks pretty good, but they look good stock too! I thought the wheels were very cool...

stacy'snsx said:
Does anyone know what wheels those are?
That thing is "Amazing"

Don't know what wheels they are but they kind of remind me of a thicker silver version of the Axis Spiders:

2074234_33_full.jpg

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
Well with a wide body, the back to rear tires can be wider, hence giving you more of a car-to-road percentage, basicly grip
Okay, I can see that being desirable on a Toyota Celica (actually I can't, isn't the Celica front wheel drive?) but does a Gallardo need or benefit from wider tires? I would think the engineers at Lambo would have optimized the tire sizes for performance given the available horsepower and suspension geometry.

Of course to some people's eyes the wider the tires, the better it looks but we're back to doing this only for looks and not for performance. Doesn't compute when you're talking about a car that's purpose built for performance in the first place.

To be clear, I have no problem with these kits if they really are all for show and not for go. I just keep thinking that surely there's some performance benefit, that someone who'd spend that kind of money for a performance car wouldn't then turn around and spend even more to make the performance worse.

I think it makes the Gallardo look more aggressive. The oem look is kinda bland to me. Gallardos definitely look sharper with a rear spoiler too.

Back