why was my post deleted, this is an issue to me

Why was my post to sell my n20 kit specific to the car deleted? this is the second time this had happened as I put it up several months ago and did not bother to make a fuss but come on.

This is the post with pics
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118980

please advise as I have contributed a great deal of time helping others wishing safe n20 on their x a kit that will do so and it is deleted twice...

Look guys I have paid my dues and gone way past the mark providing free always free help with advanced systems and spent 100,s of hours on free phone support for n20 and a/c on systems not mine. what has happened here?

best regards david

Last edited:
I'm not an adminstrator or moderator, but here's my take. Your second post appears to be an improper bump of your thread, regardless of whether you intended to do it or not. Since your second post didn't add anything to your original post (other than stating pictures have been added), I'm assuming the moderators deleted it.

let's break-it-down...

Why was my post to sell my n20 kit specific to the car deleted?
Because...

http://www.nsxprime.com/market/submit_an_ad.htm

30-Day Bump Rule: Do not reply to an ad just to bump it up higher in the list more than once every 30-days. Such "bump" messages will be deleted. Repeated "bumps" will result in the ad being deleted. Include all your photos and full details for what is being sold in your original message. If you forget something, you can edit your original message to add it.
BadCarma said:
this is the second time this had happened as I put it up several months ago and did not bother to make a fuss but come on.
Well, can we make a fuss for you repeatedly not following the rules that everyone else follows? ;)

The listing created on "06-20-2008, 03:16" was redundant to this listing created on "06-16-2008, 22:55"... hence why it was likely deleted by NSX Prime admin'. . .
BadCarma said:
The premature 'bump'/update/edit by you stating "pics are up" dated "03-08-2009 22:30" is approx' two whole days after the previous post which is dated "03-06-2009, 21:47".

Familiarize yourself w/ this key:
edit.gif
(if making changes prior to 1 whole solar-calender month passing).

In'fact, your recent for-sale listing here should be & will be merged to the seemingly identical "06-16-2008, 22:55" listing. So, bookmark it on your browser for future updates/edits/'bumps'. . .

As you've stated that you've been here for a long time, so that means you should be familiar & well-versed w/ the forum happenings & protocol.

And lastly, it's never ever personal. It's just impartial/unbiased/objective enforcement of the market-place rules, which are clearly & lucidly stated at the top of the sub-forum:
NSX Parts For Sale Must be NSX-related, no exceptions - Read the rules before using!
G'luck w/ your sale... :cool:

Last edited:
Re: let's break-it-down...

Because...

Well, can we make a fuss for you repeatedly not following the rules that everyone else follows? ;)

The listing created on "06-20-2008, 03:16" was redundant to this listing created on "06-16-2008, 22:55"... hence why it was likely deleted by NSX Prime admin'. . .
The premature 'bump'/update/edit by you stating "pics are up" dated "03-08-2009 22:30" is approx' two whole days after the previous post which is dated "03-06-2009, 21:47".

Familiarize yourself w/ this key:
edit.gif
(if making changes prior to 1 whole solar-calender month passing).

In'fact, your recent for-sale listing here should be & will be merged to the seemingly identical "06-16-2008, 22:55" listing. So, bookmark it on your browser for future updates/edits/'bumps'. . .

As you've stated that you've been here for a long time, so that means you should be familiar & well-versed w/ the forum happenings & protocol.

And lastly, it's never ever personal. It's just impartial/unbiased/objective enforcement of the market-place rules, which are clearly & lucidly stated at the top of the sub-forum:G'luck w/ your sale... :cool:

I think I will hold my tongue on this matter. for now
best regards david

Hi David,

The basic rules are:
* One thread per item for sale
* At least 30 days between replies to an ad; any updates less than 30 days need to use the "edit" feature.

If you do not feel your ads are being treated fairly within the rules please either explain why here and I will look into it, or contact me using the "contact" link on the top navigation bar if you prefer to send a private e-mail instead of posting publicly. There is no reason to "hold your tongue."

i think its odd that other people cant post in a for sale thread. if i was a seller, i would get annoyed at people pm-ing me with the same questions when it could get resolved right away in the thread for all to see. also, it would be nice if the for sale section had its own sub forum detached from the normal search functions. kind of like a separate forum within the forum. and while i am complaining, i think the 15 second wait period between searches should be reduced to 5 or even 10 seconds. it would promote newbs to not post new threads and use the search funtion more frequently. little things like this make a forum that much more enjoyable.

i think its odd that other people cant post in a for sale thread. if i was a seller, i would get annoyed at people pm-ing me with the same questions when it could get resolved right away in the thread for all to see.

The solution there is for the seller to edit their ad to answer the questions.

There are pros and cons to both ways of handling it (as a listing-only or discussion thread). I have tried it many different ways over the years.

also, it would be nice if the for sale section had its own sub forum detached from the normal search functions. kind of like a separate forum within the forum.

I don't really understand what you are suggesting here. The Marketplace forums are already separated into their own section.

and while i am complaining, i think the 15 second wait period between searches should be reduced to 5 or even 10 seconds. it would promote newbs to not post new threads and use the search funtion more frequently. little things like this make a forum that much more enjoyable.

I agree, but I'm dealing with server resource issues and searches are fairly resource intensive so I am trying to balance usefulness with not overloading the box that runs the site. I need to move to a bigger server.. it's just a matter of time and money.

also, it would be nice if the for sale section had its own sub forum detached from the normal search functions. kind of like a separate forum within the forum.

If you do an advanced search, you can highlight the subforum that you want to search in such as the parts for sale subforum and your search will only search in that forum.

i know, i was saying like when you hit new posts at the top, that for sale threads dont even show up. you have to physically go to the for sale section to view items for sale. that way if the seller bumps it, its not that big of a deal and it wont clog up the normal threads.

im not saying that prime isnt fine the way it is. its a great forum! but it may help for situations like this in the future

Last edited:
i know, i was saying like when you hit new posts at the top, that for sale threads dont even show up. you have to physically go to the for sale section to view items for sale. that way if the seller bumps it, its not that big of a deal and it wont clog up the normal threads.

im not saying that prime isnt fine the way it is. its a great forum! but it may help for situations like this in the future

The New Posts search feature shows all forums and does include the marketplace. You are not seeing many marketplace threads/replies because of other forums getting many more replies during X amount of time vs. the marketplace, which gets much less action/new threads and or bumps. It's all relative.

Back