Why the next NSX must be $50-$90k range

Have you guys seen the new Lambo? Looks Great!

Too many cars are at the $150-210k range?

Attachments

• spy-shot-2 small.jpg
    spy-shot-2 small.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,137
NSXBat said:

Im hoping its like $65k so its somewhat affordable!

Heck, I just hope they make one that looks as good as the NSX does - even today this car turns heads. Quite a challenge for Acura to top that. I would imagine it is going to still be a car in the mid 80's.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

Even at $65k, it better be one hell of a car.

Chevy announces pricing, 0 to 60 times for upcoming Z06 Corvette
Posted Date: 6/14/05

It's official, the new Z06 will be the fastest Corvette ever.

Chevrolet has announced pricing and 0 to 60 times for its upcoming 505-horsepower 2006 Corvette Z06. According to Chevy, the vehicle breaks the four-second barrier from 0 to 60, with a time of 3.7 seconds while still in first gear. Pricing for the newest Z06 will start at $65,800, including destination and freight charges.

“The new Corvette Z06 is the dividend from competing so successfully in endurance racing,” said Dave Hill, Corvette’s chief engineer. “It combines the strong attributes of the new, sixth-generation Corvette with the spirit, technology and know-how from the race program to form an American supercar with outstanding credentials.”

The Z06 will be available in the fourth quarter of 2005.

Previous Corvette Z06 models, from the original 1963 model to the 2001-04 editions, incorporated suspension and engine upgrades that complemented existing Corvette systems. The 2006 Corvette Z06 is more differentiated from the standard Corvette than any other Z06 in history, according to Chevy. Use of weight-saving materials such as carbon fiber, aluminum, titanium and magnesium give the 3,132-pound car a weight-to-power ratio of 6.2 pounds per horsepower, helping it to its impressive 0 to 60 time.

I don't think it would be near $50-60k. I only say that because the RL is already priced in that category. Granted the RL isn't a sports car but in order to keep the NSX an 'exotic', I would think it would remain in that price range.

$85-105k HSC would be plausible...

NSXBat said:

hmmm... The $150-210k segment of high-end sportscars (presumably: Porsche 911 TT or GT2, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo, Aston Martin DB9, Ford GT, Mercedes SL55 AMG, etc) is a niche market. So it really depends on what route Honda decides to go with: limited production exotic reserved for a niche market (even as a "Halo" car for the brand) or a mass-produced sports/luxury coupe that is based of a current platform targetting the premium sportscar segment of the market (presumably: Corvette C6, Porsche Boxster & forthcoming Cayman, Mercedes SLK & CLK, BMW M3 & 6-series, Lexus SC430, Jaguar XK, etc).

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

At $65k, that would surely rule out any chance of a V8 or FI, MR, composite materials (chassis, not just body), handcrafted/assembled, and exclusive platform. A possible "reborn" CL?

Cairo94507 said:
Heck, I just hope they make one that looks as good as the NSX does - even today this car turns heads. Quite a challenge for Acura to top that. I would imagine it is going to still be a car in the mid 80's.

I totally agree! I personally would be willing to pay current NSX MSRP for something on par w/ the HSC in terms of looks/design, technology, performance, rarity, and quality! However w/ ever-changing construction-manufacturing-assembling methods, a MSRP of $89k for a 'replacement' NSX (what the current NSX is priced at) would offer ALOT more advances, technology, performance, and quality than the outgoing model.

TC said:

Well, the only performance tour de' forces at $65k seem to be the current E46 M3, Boxster S, and of-course the C6/Z06. Even the SC430 is priced at $75k. The new V8 M3 (M4?) & M6 are going to be in the realm of SL500 dollars! It'll be rather interesting to see where the Toyota/Lexus mid-engine exotic is going to be priced at & if Honda decides to go on par w/ that or go a few rungs on the ladder beneath (sorta like how Mitsu 3000GT, Nissan 300ZX, Mazda RX7, and Toyota Supra all went for mainstream whereas Honda/Acura went for the exotic market w/ the NSX!).

God-willing, if I'm secured w/ my life & responsibilities, I'd be willing to fork over the necessary coinage for a HSC or exotic NSX heir. Only other car that strikes my fancy in the ~$100k slot is the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. :cool:

TC said:

Chevy announces pricing, 0 to 60 times for upcoming Z06 Corvette
Posted Date: 6/14/05

It's official, the new Z06 will be the fastest Corvette ever.

Chevrolet has announced pricing and 0 to 60 times for its upcoming 505-horsepower 2006 Corvette Z06. According to Chevy, the vehicle breaks the four-second barrier from 0 to 60, with a time of 3.7 seconds while still in first gear. Pricing for the newest Z06 will start at $65,800, including destination and freight charges.

“The new Corvette Z06 is the dividend from competing so successfully in endurance racing,” said Dave Hill, Corvette’s chief engineer. “It combines the strong attributes of the new, sixth-generation Corvette with the spirit, technology and know-how from the race program to form an American supercar with outstanding credentials.”

The Z06 will be available in the fourth quarter of 2005.

Previous Corvette Z06 models, from the original 1963 model to the 2001-04 editions, incorporated suspension and engine upgrades that complemented existing Corvette systems. The 2006 Corvette Z06 is more differentiated from the standard Corvette than any other Z06 in history, according to Chevy. Use of weight-saving materials such as carbon fiber, aluminum, titanium and magnesium give the 3,132-pound car a weight-to-power ratio of 6.2 pounds per horsepower, helping it to its impressive 0 to 60 time.

i think this debate between hp vs price has been done so many times. and frankly, everyone on this board knows the c6 will smoke a 3.2 nsx anyday, even the nsx-r. when it comes down to it, people want a car for other factors then just going blistering fast.

the nsx should stay at the msrp of $89,000. but offer it with a good displaced v8 that revs. (my pick = 4.2L 450hp), weight of the nsx-r, and put on some new technology, etc etc. then it'll just be a good priced "exotic" if you really can call a car exotic under 100k nowadays. if you price the car too low, then the market would be flooded with buyers (good and bad thing??) and you lose the exclusiveness of the car, but if you price it too high, (100k-150k range) then honda has to do some SERIOUS engineering to compete with the likes of the italians and germans. (lambo, f-car, p-car, sl's, m's)

I really am excited to see what the new NSX is gonna look & drive like. BUT I have to say with a 6.2 hp/weight ratio it's obvious we have a new high performance king on our hand. The new ZO6 is gonna be absolutely insane!!

I hope they price it high. that way the current NSX'S will retain there value. If they price it low there goes the price on the NSX. It only needs to be slightly higher than the 05 NSX.

If they could only sell 18,000 NSXs in 15 years for 90 thousand, why the hell would they make another one at that price? No matter nice a lexus is, it will never be a Mercedes. Ferrari buyers arent interested in a Honda. It doesnt have status crap that lets them brag to thier friends. Not the same thing. So if they want to actually make it work, they will bring out the NSX 30 grand cheaper than the last model. Just like the new Z is $25000, and its actually selling where the old Z couldnt sell because it was too expensive. Cheaper is better here. 60 grand is almost too much for Honda's market.

And at best it will be an AWD RL drivetrain reversed with light tuning.

Mpire said:
If they could only sell 18,000 NSXs in 15 years for 90 thousand, why the hell would they make another one at that price? No matter nice a lexus is, it will never be a Mercedes. Ferrari buyers arent interested in a Honda. It doesnt have status crap that lets them brag to thier friends. Not the same thing. So if they want to actually make it work, they will bring out the NSX 30 grand cheaper than the last model. Just like the new Z is $25000, and its actually selling where the old Z couldnt sell because it was too expensive. Cheaper is better here. 60 grand is almost too much for Honda's market.

And at best it will be an AWD RL drivetrain reversed with light tuning.

your first statement already doesn't make sense. the nsx was not a MASS produced car. hence, the exclusive factor the nsx community likes to state. and the pure fact that when you drive around town, you probably won't see a nsx.

it is true that f-car(lambo, p-car etc etc) owners aren't interested in a honda because they are more then likely name brand whores. (like you said) they bought the car probably for one reason, and its to show the world that they have the money to buy a car such as this. but there are people who buy the cars purely on the dynamics and performance the car is capable of.

and you're getting lower and lower in the price range for what you actually get. you're indicatin the new z is 25k and its selling. of course, its a great car for the price. but its not in the league of the nsx, even the s2k. (same price range).

of course cheaper is better. the nsx as well as ferrari's aren't trying to attract the people who are in the market for the evos, sti's, 350z's. there will ALWAYS be a car on the market that will be better and cheaper then a nsx, even the ferrari's. if you wanted something cheap, go get em fast try a c6. this car will outperform the nsx and ferraris on a bad day.

I think the NSX (or whatever the new one is called) will always be the Acura flagship (which will put it at or above $70K), but like I posted on another thread, I hope they don't assembly-line the new NSX.

I don't think that 60 grand is almost too much for Honda's market. I did think that 150 grand was too much for Fords market, until the GT came out. I also don't think that for $58k we would get a 4.2 V8 with 110~ hp/liter and a chasis that is as light as the NSX-R. Your asking Honda to make a car that can hang with an Enzo, yet cost as much as a c6 vette? JMHO.

It would be nice if they can lower the price.

However, I don't know why, but I would NOT want to see low priced next gen NSX.

I don't care if they charge $100,000 as long as it can beat something like F430.

Timpo said:
It would be nice if they can lower the price.

However, I don't know why, but I would NOT want to see low priced next gen NSX.

I don't care if they charge $100,000 as long as it can beat something like F430.
Well, if it is true that they are putting a V10 in the next NSX, than there pretty much is no way it will cost less than $100K. Unless that is the ground breaking thing Honda is talking about? Giving is a V10 NSX for $60K :eek: Not :tongue:

Back