Why hasnt this silver NSX sold yet? JH4NA1150MT002031

JH4NA1150MT002031

Used to be on Autotrader..now on eBay.. My guess is maybe the tranny is in snap ring range? Externally the vehicle looks great.. some of the shots of the seats looks oddly worn in weird places... like the passenger seat looks completely faded as if the windows were left open in a rain storm..or two..or three.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...3191574?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d000ad496

My vote would be that the price seems set pretty high.

The mods blow out any collector interest in the 1991 year, and with 30k miles on the odometer that would have been a tough sell anyways. Maybe I am missing something, but I simply don't see anything to justify a $40,000 selling price. I didn't think that cars in that particular market segment were commanding that sort of price.

Just my 2 cents..

Cars tend to sell for less on eBay. And there's no way of knowing how much his reserve price is, other than that it's less than the buy-it-now price ($39,995) and more than the current bid ($30,100). If it doesn't get the reserve price, it won't sell. Maybe the reserve price is $31,000 and it will sell when the auction closes in two days. Maybe the reserve price is $39,000 and it won't sell at all.

What was the asking price when it was on Autotrader?

Last edited:
My vote would be that the price seems set pretty high.

The mods blow out any collector interest in the 1991 year, and with 30k miles on the odometer that would have been a tough sell anyways. Maybe I am missing something, but I simply don't see anything to justify a $40,000 selling price. I didn't think that cars in that particular market segment were commanding that sort of price.

Just my 2 cents..

Not high if you are looking for 1 of 6 in that color combo. :biggrin:
IMHO, some of the modifications are a put off. It would probably get more attention if it were bone stock. I also don't know what's up with 6spd shift plate when it's listed as a 5speed.

Its silver/black, not silver/silver. Silver/silver might be a different story, I agree.

DOH! Monday brain fade. :( For some reason I was thinking Silver/Ivory. In this case it's just one of two hundred seventy 6 for that year. :wink:

I think the asking ($39,995) is appropriate if the description of the car is accurate. A friend in Seattle sold a similar car last month for the same price. I believe really good NSXs are beginning to rise in value.

Whats up with the 6spd shift emblem? :confused:

Whats up with the 6spd shift emblem? :confused:

Yeah, I saw that too.. its posted as a 6spd which we all know is not possible unless one of the previous owners updated the tranny. But it is at a Acura Dealership so we can assume they know what they need to know. As opposed to being at "Tommy's Top Cars... push, pull, or tow your vehicle in..all types of credit approved, in house financing available".

when you look at the photo of the stick it has the 1-6 plaque

but it could just be for show.

Even with the mileage of 30k - it seems just a bit strong but it could surely sell at 35 or 36k. Mine had 53k and sold for 32k - so read into it what you will. Mine had most of what this one does but not all. I think the ABS thing is a sign that he was ripped off at the dealer - that was 5k. BS - I can't imagine letting someone replace that without a second opinion - but he obviously trusts this dealer - which I learned you can't do. Eiffel saved my bacon on the ABS - that's what the dealer wanted to do here in Atlanta for me - they didn't know what they were doing - my ABS was fine just needed the solonids tweaked.

So this ones not bad but why is at the dealer? Looks like it's on their showroom - bet the owner doesn't own it anymore. Bet he traded it and you have the typical inflexible dealer - just a guess.

It will sell eventually! It's a nice car - but I think it's about 3k over priced at least.

I agree..its clean but a tad overpriced. But considering the Blitz 03 and suspension upgrades + low mileage..its almost worth it. And one thing we all know by now is the dealer pricing is always high, waiting for the "lay over" customer to walk through the door.

I'd offer them $33k OTD first and see what they say. My wife hates silver cars, although I think this one is a bute, well, most silver ones are butes. :cool:

I seen this car at Acura of Augusta about a year ago. It's definitely a clean clean car. It's the GM's car and all it did was sit under a car cover. I got to get a quick peak at it when I took my TL in for service once time.

So the only thing wrong with it is that it's a tad overpriced given the market. But being a dealership, they don't realistically expect someone to walk in and say "Here's $45k, wrap it up please".

Back