Whose Got The Best List of UBBCode-Compliant Emoticons??

You know those funny UBBCode enabled emoticons that we all put at the end (or start, or middle) of our messages. I'd like to see who has the most comprehensive list of them.

But more than just the list, I'd like to see the ASCII codes that enable the emoticons, so I can put a list together if one doesn't exist. For example, telling me that you know how to put a smiley face (
smile.gif
) is not helpful unless I know that the code for a smiley face is a colan followed by a closed parenthesis, etc. Here is a site that displays a list of emoticons. Will all of these convert to a graphical symbol when they are UBBCode enabled? I'm not so sure they will.

If anybody has a comprehensive list (and there are some real funny ones out there) I'd love to see it.

Regards.

Actually I'm going to test out a couple:

>>:-<< Furious
:-~) A cold
= X My lips are sealed
8-| Wide-eyed surprise

Lets see if these work. They are all taken from the link I posted above.

EDIT: Hmmm...they didn't work. Thoughts?

Regards.

[This message has been edited by NSXaholic (edited 20 January 2003).]

When you are composing a message, there is a link on the left side called "Smilies Legend". If you click on it, it shows you all the automatic smilies supported by this version of UBB. To get anything else, you would have to use an IMG tag and link it from somewhere else like any other graphic.

i'd like to see more smilies, especially the animated ones (they tend to give life to an otherwise static page) ...but then they only slow down page refreshing. (some web forum pages i visited were 300K+ ...PER PAGE...geez...) ...so i think Lud has a good balance.

nsxaholic... that site u posted doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 20 January 2003).]

Originally posted by Lud:
When you are composing a message, there is a link on the left side called "Smilies Legend". If you click on it, it shows you all the automatic smilies supported by this version of UBB..

Thanks. I was just looking for a tad bit more variety. There have been some very creative ones listed in the couple of months that I have been reading forum messages (one of a girls b00bs bouncing around was particularly funny!!).

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
nsxaholic... that site u posted doesn't work

It should link to properly. However that site is not graphics enabled. I was hoping that inserting them into messages in this forum might convert them to a graphical format, but it won't as I realized, because they need to be supported by UBB, which they are not (except for the ones that are in the "Smilies Legend").
Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
http://www.sofrayt.com/main/index.shtml

This is where I got mine, image based of course. You can download trail for free (just says trial on each image) or register the shareware for $20.
I paid!

Thanks. Will check into.

If anybody knows other sites/programs that they really like, please let me know.

Regards.

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
http://www.sofrayt.com/main/index.shtml

This is where I got mine, image based of course. You can download trail for free (just says trial on each image) or register the shareware for $20.
I paid!
angel.gif

hey... i posted that link a while ago! (not that i created that program!) but it's cool it's being used.

Although i don't think Lud would want us posting 100's of animated smilies thru-out the site... (does lud wanna say something here?)

Another cool source of smilies is in the IM client <A HREF="http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/trillian/index.html">Trillian</A>... and also the email client IncrediMail has some funny animated smilies...

Back