Who's yellow 02 or 03 at motorworld?

You have a yellow new body style with hre old school yellow wheels and an autoaddictions sticker on the hatch,which means the car is from the Allentown area.You also have a yellow center console.

Seen that car sold at Manheim Auto Auction once every 3 months to a different dealer. Ironically the price seems to be between $50-$53k. Everyone tries to sell this car on Ebay and is unsuccessful. Car was originally sold by a Mitsubishi dealer in NY and bought by Autostrada in (NJ/PA?). From what I remember this car has a horrible sound system installed as well..... :tongue:

Yeah the trunks has a speaker box built in with flames on it! And I believe it has yellow engine accents (plug wire , etc) Very expensive HRE's but there painted a horrible yellow.

I believe that car was first sold new to Nimbus when he lived in Boston.

The second owner did the mods on the interior and stereo and brought it to the 2003(?) NSXNE Lime Rock event where I first saw it. I though you were there too, Doc.
It had MA plates at the time and I never connected with the owner at the event.

Shortly after that it started to appear on the market for sale and has been offered in different venues several times. I believed it was traded in, auctioned and moved around to various dealers/wholesalers and
hadn't found a home yet because of the sound system. It's a big dollar sound sytem that would appeal to a very few because of the execution (fiberglass, airbrush graphics). I think it scares people and no one wants to pay for what I'm sure was anothers dream system but looks over the top to most.
I never heard the sound system but it looked like a nice car, if you like the yellow console which was a nice job, just very yellow!
Take away these mods and I bet the car would find a home and stay there. I think the mods have always made the purchase price of the car too high for the wholesalers and the public and the mods narrow the field of potential buyers.

I'm not sure what it is doing at my local dealer.It was over by alignment when I saw it.I doubt motorworld would have purchased it at auction(not thier style) I'll see if they took it in trade.

docjohn said:
I'm not sure what it is doing at my local dealer.It was over by alignment when I saw it.I doubt motorworld would have purchased it at auction(not thier style) I'll see if they took it in trade.

Were you looking to lift some yellow parts? :biggrin:

Lol :biggrin:

i remember seeing this car on ebay quite a few times, in most adds i remember advertised stating that it came with stock wheels though.

Chris

Yes, it is Mike's ex-car (I think that he is currently enjoying his yellow Porsche twin turbo).

He invested a lot of $$$$$$$ on the sound system and the wheels (he went through about 3 sets of HRE wheels due to unfortunate events).

Larry Bastanza said:
The wheels were not Yellow when Mike had it, correct??

LarryB

That's right, Larry.

He hit a pothole and had to replace them. He had 18/18 setup previously, and the yellow ones are 17/17 setup.

Back