Who's car is this? And 11.2 qt mile with 100 HP nitrous, really?

Well I guess that might be with like .5 gallons of gas. I came in at 2930 or so with my T and full tank of gas, so take 13 gallons away and I'll be in that weight too :rolleyes:

11.2 is very optimistic.

not to put anyone down, you need around 450HP at the wheels

11 is seriously quick.

that 100hp nitrous shot also adds in the neighborhood of 150-180lbft of torque.

I used to run a 50 shot, and it added exactly 50 hp and 85 lb feet of torque.

plus the headers and exhaust. add 10-15 hp?

aside from that, his ZMI braking system dropped 70 lbs of unsprung, rotating weight. that's huge. and to top it all off, I think the guy has done more runs at the track than anyone. I'm guessing 40-60 runs or so. just look through his old posts, he talks about the 1/4mi track all the time, as well as his gradually decreasing ET's. last time i saw one of his posts it was 12.4 at 110-111 without nitrous.

I run a 50 - 75 shot on an automatic, high stall tq converter (3500), rebuilt tranny, exhaust, weight reduction, Intake, ecu chip(prospeed).....etc..... Never clocked n DRAG strip. All work done in the past 2 months, so I am waiting for better weather...and for my interior to be completed (all that black is boring and a lil out dated)

my gtech says between 12.6 to 12.8 with 50 shot....And based on a program called Jet Calc....it was pretty darn accurate.... (thats with me spinning 1st and 2nd gears....My poor tranny--- and holding the gears manual--) also i have rpm switch (Nitrous only kicks in at 3000 - 6000 rpm)

jet calc can be downloaded here (free)
http://www.robietherobot.com/palm/jetcalc.htm

included a pic of running 100hp shot....

the jet calc says its possible....

100hp shot nitrous (2000 dollars) vs SC or Turbo (6k to 12k)

I would have loved and SC, but as you see above I have an automatic and was very limited. I have used nitrous on rx7 and trans am in the past. if they
say 100 hp---u will get 97 - 103 hp instant....But its not for everyone....I was scared to run on nsx, but took the plunge and installed all the safety options---fuel safety, wot, copper spark, etc..........

sorry got off subject....But according Jet Calc----Its possible on a great launch and day.....with slicks the person may can do even better...

Attachments

• jet.jpg
    jet.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 29
Back