Who manages your investments?

Who manages your investments?

• A major brokerage firm (Schwab, Fidelity, etc)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I have a guy

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I do it myself

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • What investments?

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
My firm!

What's the opinion on e*trade?

Who handles your medical needs, works on your car, repairs your furnace, paints your house, writes your will?
I hope that you have professionals do all of the above. I know that I consider myself a "professional", granted I'm no Bernie Madoff, but I get by!:eek:

Who handles your medical needs, works on your car, repairs your furnace, paints your house, writes your will?

United Health Care; Me and local mechanics; Me; Me; Neighbor who is an attorney.

I started my portfolio in the rockin' 90's when any bozo could do it. I'm not so arrogant anymore....

I started my portfolio in the rockin' 90's when any bozo could do it. I'm not so arrogant anymore....

Now there's a honest answer!!

I was/am exactly the same... I did it myself until 2005, but got talked into getting "professional help" by my son who is in the business (wholesaler for Manual Life/John Hancock). Glad I followed his advice, as I'm far better off (despite some comparitively modest losses in this current market, in comparison to the "industry averages" and most of the friends I've spoken to) than I would have been handling it myself.

Now I don't worry about it as much and I have regular conversations with my advisor, and generally do/approve what he suggests. So far, so good... time will tell.

-Wick

United Health Care; Me and local mechanics; Me; Me; Neighbor who is an attorney.
Soo, you're seeking professional advice (I do hope you know what the fkuc you're doing with your furnace and your car, or that your insurance is adequate) that's my point

Now there's a honest answer!!

I was/am exactly the same... I did it myself until 2005, but got talked into getting "professional help" by my son who is in the business (wholesaler for Manual Life/John Hancock). Glad I followed his advice, as I'm far better off (despite some comparitively modest losses in this current market, in comparison to the "industry averages" and most of the friends I've spoken to) than I would have been handling it myself.

Now I don't worry about it as much and I have regular conversations with my advisor, and generally do/approve what he suggests. So far, so good... time will tell.

-Wick
Good man Wick, I can't say that I haven't or my clients haven't lost any $$$ that wouldn't be the truth. What I can say is that I've been heavy in cash for the past 2 years, ask SteveNY what I've been screaming at him for awhile, it's "Be careful, very careful". It's not over yet, in case you haven't noticed, many companies are still in trouble, people are still losing their jobs, earnings are still coming down. There are good opportunities out there, but unless you know what you're doing, leave it to the pros.

Last edited:
Back