who installs your mods?

I recently purchased a stock 1996 blk/blk NSX about one month ago. I want to add some modifications to the car but I never worked on any of my cars before. I am looking for additions that can improve on the engine sound and increase the horse power. Just curious about where most of the NSX owners get there mod down( ? the dealer, do-it-yourself or specialty shops).
I bought a AIS from Cantrell because it seemed easy enough to install it myself. My next step is a new exhaust and possibly headers. I will certainly need these installed for me. I live in central VA. Anyone know of any experienced shops that can install these mod for me in my area?

I installed my exhaust and headers my self not the easiest job, but well worth the money I saved.
The combination of intake headers and exhaust increase power noticeably. Check the FQA Section there is a shop manual that was very helpful, if u plan to do it your self.

Some dealerships will install modifications for you, or there might be a good speed shop in your area that specializes in installing modifications; here in SoCal there are 3 shops within 45 minutes of my house that only work on the nsx, and install most anything you bring them.

If the item is minor I will do it myself, but I would rather pay someone to install a set of headers for me, as opposed to wedging myself underneath my nsx while it rests on jackstands ;)

gordiphi said:
I recently purchased a stock 1996 blk/blk NSX about one month ago. I want to add some modifications to the car but I never worked on any of my cars before. I am looking for additions that can improve on the engine sound and increase the horse power. Just curious about where most of the NSX owners get there mod down( ? the dealer, do-it-yourself or specialty shops).
I bought a AIS from Cantrell because it seemed easy enough to install it myself. My next step is a new exhaust and possibly headers. I will certainly need these installed for me. I live in central VA. Anyone know of any experienced shops that can install these mod for me in my area?
The current issue of NSX Driver has a DIY for installing headers and exhaust on an NSX.

Not something I'd be able to do but if you are comfortable turning a wrench... maybe that helps.

I would have them installed by the place that has the most experience installing NSX mods. In some parts of the country, those are Acura dealers that specialize in this; for example, around here, Acura of Brookfield (WI) has installed superchargers in over forty NSXs. In other parts of the country, independent shops do the most NSX mod installations.

I noticed your in VA, I had my supercharger and exhaust installed at Tisher Acura in Laurel, MD. Brandonson on this forum use to work there, PM him as maybe he still has contacts.:wink: Great Job by the way on the install. Everyone that sees my car comments on how clean the install is.

Hi there,

I'm in Northern VA, Alexandria. If you want to road trip up, I can help you install the AIS, I did mine myself. I can also help w/ other mods. As for the headers & exhaust, I recommend Charlie at the Car Doctor in Falls Church
(703) 560-8870. He's done my timing belt, water pump & clutch- highly skilled, knowledgeable, and reasonable. Top quality service, reasonable prices.

Back