• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who has tracked their car with ceramics??

When I bought this car I wasn’t thinking about consumables because I have a dedicated track car. But now I really have the itch to get the car on the track once. How much wear can I expect from say 3 or 4 20 min sessions?

MC

I have done 4 20 min sessions with CCB's.... I have not seen appreciable wear, but I didn't push the car 10/10ths. I pushed the car hard enough to feel and understand it's capabilities. I did not feel the need to threshold brake and overheat the brakes. I've been told by others that if you are not overheating the brakes they don't wear too bad. I was able to feel like I felt what the car is capable of, so I'm happy with that. I was finally able to experience the torque vectoring. Overall, the car was fantastic on the track, and I am sure it could have taken everything I could have thrown at it. I raced vintage formula cars for 12 years, and I do miss the track some, but now that I have had the opportunity to experience the car on the track, I don't think I will go back...... I'd say go for it, just don't feel like you have to brake at a 100% threshold. The cornering and the acceleration down the long straights was the most fun..... good luck!

I have done 4 20 min sessions with CCB's.... I have not seen appreciable wear, but I didn't push the car 10/10ths. I pushed the car hard enough to feel and understand it's capabilities. I did not feel the need to threshold brake and overheat the brakes. I've been told by others that if you are not overheating the brakes they don't wear too bad. I was able to feel like I felt what the car is capable of, so I'm happy with that. I was finally able to experience the torque vectoring. Overall, the car was fantastic on the track, and I am sure it could have taken everything I could have thrown at it. I raced vintage formula cars for 12 years, and I do miss the track some, but now that I have had the opportunity to experience the car on the track, I don't think I will go back...... I'd say go for it, just don't feel like you have to brake at a 100% threshold. The cornering and the acceleration down the long straights was the most fun..... good luck!

That’s my plan too. I’d like to see what this thing a capable of not set lap records. I feel this thing needs to be uncorked at least once.

MC

make sure you read the owners manual about removing the fixoflat in the trunk...

Back