• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

whiteNSXs HID Headlights

I just received my NSX HID lights from whiteNSX. I was hesitant to do the install myself but I have to tell you it was a piece of cake!!

The instructions were VERY easy to follow and easy to do. The total install for both sides (and I went very slow to make sure I did not miss anything) took me about an hour. This is the best improvement I've made to the car. The before and after was amazing!

WhiteNSXs kit required no soldering, no wire cutting, no irreversible modification of anykind. I could install the old setup w/o anyone knowing.... not that I ever would!

Thanks whiteNSXs!!

Ed

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me more about the HIDs? If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for them? How do I get in contact with the individual/company you purchased them from and was the kit a simple "plug and play"? (You see, I am all thumbs for the most part, and simplicity is my friend) :)

Please email me directly at: [email protected] if you can. :)

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Steve

emdoller said:
I just received my NSX HID lights from whiteNSX. I was hesitant to do the install myself but I have to tell you it was a piece of cake!!

The instructions were VERY easy to follow and easy to do. The total install for both sides (and I went very slow to make sure I did not miss anything) took me about an hour. This is the best improvement I've made to the car. The before and after was amazing!

WhiteNSXs kit required no soldering, no wire cutting, no irreversible modification of anykind. I could install the old setup w/o anyone knowing.... not that I ever would!

Thanks whiteNSXs!!

Ed

I had to quote everything is this message because it all is so true! I installed mine this weekend. Took all of 1.5 hours. I went with the 5300k.

GREAT JOB STEVE!

Hey everyone Steve is a great guy. I installed his HID kit in my NSX and it was a dream. Excellent instructions, no problems at all.

He is even kind enough to agree to take a look at the lights in my brothers 2005 F-150 (Ford truck) so he can hopefully install Steve's HID kit. I will let you all know the outcome.

Wholeheartedly recommend Steve as your source for HID lights for our cars.

I picked up one of Steve's kits last weekend, as my wife and I were in San Francisco and Steve graciously agreed to meet us.

Installation of the kit was a snap, and I couldn't be more pleased. Absolutely first class instructions (both written and verbal), fit, and results. This was the second set of HIDs I've purchased from Steve; the first set was not the plug and play version.

Had I not been sidetracked during installation (detailing the light covers, cleaning the headlight mechanisms, etc), I'm sure the converstion would not have taken over an hour to complete.

Charles

Are the any pictures of before and after the install of the following:

1.) Under the hood. (What parts are visible?)

2.) The light patterns at night for this kit.

I am interested, but need these questions answered first. Thank you. :)

Meeyatch1 said:

Not Steve's kit, but hopefully these links give you a good start:

Installing ballast under the headlight cover
(the trick to most of these kits is getting the ballast & relay into the headlight basket if you want a completely stealth install.)
Some beam pattern discussion
(I think most of the HID kits are rebased D2S bulbs, and hence all work about the same in the 9006 application. Projector setups like the NSX seem to adapt the best to HID retrofits).

HIDs are probably the best mod I have done for daily driving. I would certainly consider them on your quest for 500k. Good luck!

After much reading as well as seeing quite a few 9006 HID kits in NSX and my previous experience with HID kits and from many others who have done true D2S projector retrofits, (and the fact that I'm just a freak...) I'm going with a true D2S projector retrofit.

I have a set of BMW E39 BMW Hella projectors, ballasts and Philips bulbs from an old retrofit project. Once the retrofit is done, I can compare side by side with other kits and truly see the differences instead of speculating since I have not heard of anyone doing a true retrofit with proper HID projectors. Please correct me if I'm wrong and that someone has done this with poor results so I don't waste my time...

Meeyatch1 said:

I am interested, but need these questions answered first. Thank you. :)
1)One can put the entire kit under the headlight cover to make it completely stealth. Many people who bought my kits did that. However, this installation also expose the ballast to water the most. I put the ballast at the recess behind the headlight bucket.
2) The beam pattern is just like stock with sharp cut-offs on both sides.
I have a few kits in stock now if anyone is interested. $400 for the 5300k kit. $420 for the 6000k kit.
Thanks,
Steve

lithiumus said:
After much reading as well as seeing quite a few 9006 HID kits in NSX and my previous experience with HID kits and from many others who have done true D2S projector retrofits, (and the fact that I'm just a freak...) I'm going with a true D2S projector retrofit.

I have a set of BMW E39 BMW Hella projectors, ballasts and Philips bulbs from an old retrofit project. Once the retrofit is done, I can compare side by side with other kits and truly see the differences instead of speculating since I have not heard of anyone doing a true retrofit with proper HID projectors. Please correct me if I'm wrong and that someone has done this with poor results so I don't waste my time...
Seriously, don't waste your time and money. The stock NSX housing is a perfect projector for HID retrofit with very pleasant result.
Steve

The way I figure it, I've already paid for the Ballasts, Projectors and bulbs. To get a 9006 kit, it would cost me more money than to just simply pay for or do a retrofit... so I might as well try until someone who has already done it says the results are the same or less...

Just had my kit installed from WhiteNSX; looks great!!! I went with the 6000K kit. Now if I could only adjust my cutoff...it's too low. and the adjustment screws for vertical adj. don't do anything.

btw, are they Phillips bulbs?

If they aren't; can I go to http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=28 and choose the 9006 for a direct replacement?

Onsoku said:
Just had my kit installed from WhiteNSX; looks great!!! I went with the 6000K kit. Now if I could only adjust my cutoff...it's too low. and the adjustment screws for vertical adj. don't do anything.

If they aren't; can I go to http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=28 and choose the 9006 for a direct replacement?

Check the installation on the headlight assembly, thats how I adjusted mine :smile:

Ditto on the "easy installation", I got the 6000K and love it :cool:

Onsoku said:

Rob,
The cut-offs are set by the optics of the headlight housing, not the HID bulbs. The HID bulbs that I provide have the arc chambers at the same location as the stock 9006 filaments so the beam patterns are the same. The cut off on the left side for North America is always lower than the right side. See here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=342895&postcount=47 . Please do not buy the "Phillip bulbs" from Xenondepot since their bulbs will not do anything different from my bulbs, not to mention that they are $320 a pair. The HID bulbs are so much brighter than stock that perhaps your PERCEPTION of the cut-offs are different. The stock bulbs also have the cut-offs only they are less obvious since the bulbs are so dim.
Steve

Steve,

The kit you built for me is perfect. Cutoffs are also perfect. I have to 6000k and it doesn't shine in the eyes for the car in front of me. I am a VERY happy customer. I only wish I ordered sooner!

Thanks!

whiteNSXs said:
Rob,
The cut-offs are set by the optics of the headlight housing, not the HID bulbs. The HID bulbs that I provide have the arc chambers at the same location as the stock 9006 filaments so the beam patterns are the same. The cut off on the left side for North America is always lower than the right side. See here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=342895&postcount=47 . Please do not buy the "Phillip bulbs" from Xenondepot since their bulbs will not do anything different from my bulbs, not to mention that they are $320 a pair. The HID bulbs are so much brighter than stock that perhaps your PERCEPTION of the cut-offs are different. The stock bulbs also have the cut-offs only they are less obvious since the bulbs are so dim.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Rob,
Steve

Thanks for the info Steve. If you truly believe the Phillips 6000k Ultinons are the same color and brightness, then you saved me 350 bucks! I still want to raise my cutoffs though. Because my car is lowered, the light and pattern are right in the front of the car. I just want to be able to see far enough ahead like I can with my C320 when driving at 85 on the I 5N at O dark 30!

Onsoku said:
Thanks for the info Steve. If you truly believe the Phillips 6000k Ultinons are the same color and brightness, then you saved me 350 bucks! I still want to raise my cutoffs though. Because my car is lowered, the light and pattern are right in the front of the car. I just want to be able to see far enough ahead like I can with my C320 when driving at 85 on the I 5N at O dark 30!
Hi Robert,
You might be out of luck to try to raise the light. The issue is that with a lowered car, the light is already lowered. The NSX has the low and high beam within the same housing so the extent of the adjustment is compromised. By raising the low beam beyond the stock setting, the high beam will be way out of range. You might want to bring the car to an official headlight adjustment center to see if they can help you.
I don't think Phillips have their own bulbs. I believed all the aftermarket 9006 bulbs are all rebased D2S bulbs which are made by a few companies. I might be wrong though. But I am sure the bulbs Xenondepot sells will not be able to help you raise the beam cut-off since the height is inherent to the housing. For $350, you can buy an ENTIRE generic kit!!
Steve
Steve

I just installed Steve's 6000k kit this past weekend. The kit was easy to install and I enjoy driving my car even more now at night. Attached are a couple of pictures of my brother's car with Steve's 5300k kit and my car with the 6000k kit. Thanks again Steve!

Attachments

• NSXs - 12-10-05 007_nsxprime.jpg
    NSXs - 12-10-05 007_nsxprime.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,461
  • NSXs - 12-10-05 003_nsxprime.jpg
    NSXs - 12-10-05 003_nsxprime.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,449
After night time driving from L.A. to Las Vegas and back, I decided to put HIDs high on my priority list of mods. :biggrin:

whiteNSXs' kit is excellent. I'm very happy with the results and found it very easy to install. Many of the praises are starting to sound like a broken record(which is a good thing) but again, I must emphasize the good points on his kit:

1) Excellent customer service through PMs / delivery / tracking #
2) High quality parts put together that makes a perfect application to NSXs
3) Ease of installation with thorough instructions included
4) Great word of mouth from many, many different owners

Last edited:
NSXBRO2 said:
I just installed Steve's 6000k kit this past weekend. The kit was easy to install and I enjoy driving my car even more now at night. Attached are a couple of pictures of my brother's car with Steve's 5300k kit and my car with the 6000k kit. Thanks again Steve!

the 5300k looks kind of yellowish...

nis350 said:
the 5300k looks kind of yellowish...
Actually, the 5300k is a very good kit. The yellowish color is all relative. If you look at it by itself, it is also very white but the 6000k kit is just whiter. All the factory HIDs from Lexus, Acura, BMW, MB, Porsche, etc all have slight yellowish tint. I recently changed my set-up to 4300k since I use HID foglights and headlights together all the time. My previous 6000k set up looked totally awesome with super high tech white look. But on my way to NSXPO2005, I was stopped twice by CHP for speeding. Honestly, I was not really going that fast and the CHP picked out me out of other NSXs. I now will keep a little lower profile with a little yellowish HID instead. I think the 6000k looks the best among all HIDs with a classy and high tech look. But for my dual HID set-up, I am toning down a little.
Steve

Also, I would like to thank all the people who have bought the HID kits from me for their support. I will submit all the recent trading feedback as soon as Lud fixes the trading system.
Regards,
Steve

Back