White NSX - Killer Deal on 05

Jet, this was my 2nd choice to buy and it's a really nice car! I spoke to the owner a few times (located in Hawaii) and he was helpful in finding a shipper, etc.

Basically what it came down to me was do I want camel or onyx interior and for me, it's a no brainer. The camel looks more luxury, black is more sporty.

I knew I was going to add red Bride seats to my car so the black works much better on red than camel :)

Car is bone stock and I have a friend in Hawaii who helped me look the car over and he said it's totally stock and pristine.

rk

Rick I agree. This car was my first choice but when I was shopping his price was $78k which was way above my budget allowance. Shame that its now priced so that I could have possibly bought it...

But I love my Imola!

The nice car, Im not a Tan interior fan but this car is hot. Price seems right, given current market conditions. White NA2's are a very rare bunch, someone should hop on this one. Its times like this I wish I had a 10 car, monster garage in my backyard.:redface:

There's more killer deals on the Marketplace than ever before- sign of the times I guess. I, too, wished conditions were more right so I could feel good about purchasing another toy. Meantime, I'll just have to watch another one get away:frown:

There's more killer deals on the Marketplace than ever before- sign of the times I guess. I, too, wished conditions were more right so I could feel good about purchasing another toy. Meantime, I'll just have to watch another one get away:frown:

I know, it's nuts. Every day when I check the marketplace, I see all the old school guys selling their rides. People I would see posting in 04/05, now every one is jumping ship and selling. Sad. This community is shrinking rapidly:frown:

Id like to have it as well. Now someone buy mine so I can buy this!

I looked long and hard at this car as well. The owner is a nice guy and sent several pictures of the car and it looks very clean. I ended up going with the 2002 for a bit less....

Love the GPW! Hope someone jumps on this one. Not many 02 + GPW's around....

I know, it's nuts. Every day when I check the marketplace, I see all the old school guys selling their rides. People I would see posting in 04/05, now every one is jumping ship and selling. Sad. This community is shrinking rapidly:frown:

some of the old school guys may be selling but then you have an influx of us guys who appreciated the NSX for what it is at an early age who now own one...

I think white and red are the only 2 NSX colors that suit the Tan interior. I wouldn't let this interior color stop me from buying it...good deal for an enthusiast who really wants a rare white NSX.:smile:

some of the old school guys may be selling but then you have an influx of us guys who appreciated the NSX for what it is at an early age who now own one...

I think white and red are the only 2 NSX colors that suit the Tan interior. I wouldn't let this interior color stop me from buying it...good deal for an enthusiast who really wants a rare white NSX.:smile:

black and tan isn't too shabby either. :)

in this economy he'll have a hard time getting $67K for it...the "killer deals" are all over autotrader.com right now with 02-05's going for $50-60K and are sitting for weeks at that price...would love to have $50K lying around right now:frown:

in this economy he'll have a hard time getting $67K for it...the "killer deals" are all over autotrader.com right now with 02-05's going for $50-60K and are sitting for weeks at that price...would love to have $50K lying around right now:frown:

I agree - what a beautiful car but I wouldn't call near 70K a killer deal by any means. Not too long ago saw a gorgeous stock unmolested silver 2004 with about the same miles at a dealer selling in the low 50's. I had the feeling they *might* have gone high 40's. That's a BIG difference. You can also get nice used 997S's for less than that as well as 996GT3's and 996 Turbos - of course this means nothing if you truly appreciate the rarity and nature of the NSX :biggrin:

I agree - what a beautiful car but I wouldn't call near 70K a killer deal by any means. :

+1... I guess I just don't have that "white car fetish" that seems to be going around here.

I'd take an imola or lbbp any day over that.

(especially with the tan interior... no thanks)

It is a beautiful car, but I wouldn't rank it above any other NSX in that range.

I'd take an Imola over any other color:wink:

I agree - what a beautiful car but I wouldn't call near 70K a killer deal by any means. Not too long ago saw a gorgeous stock unmolested silver 2004 with about the same miles at a dealer selling in the low 50's. I had the feeling they *might* have gone high 40's. That's a BIG difference. You can also get nice used 997S's for less than that as well as 996GT3's and 996 Turbos - of course this means nothing if you truly appreciate the rarity and nature of the NSX :biggrin:

Why didn't you purchase it?

But considering this NSX is "White", an 05 (last model year), and with mileage of 9k its a good deal in my books. I'm sure if someone offered between $60 and $65k this guy would take it in this economy...that's what I'm getting at. I don't think anyone would pay $67k at this point in time...

Not to knock other deals on NSX's but there are so many Silverstones and Yellow's for sale that this White one stands out. Sure there are deals out there on these cars because that's all there is to chose from.

I do agree though that 997S's are going rather cheap but that again doesn't surprise me because there were/is way more made in the U.S.

Last edited:
Not to knock other deals on NSX's but there are so many Silverstones and Yellow's for sale that this White one stands out.

See what'd I tell ya about those Silverstones! That sh*t color is the first to go LOL

The "Fair" price for ANY car is what one buyer will pay and what one seller will let it sell for. Economy or not, I think anyone who buys a 2-door sports car over $30k financially has the "means" to buy it so at that point it's just the price both parties feel it's fair to pay.

I watch the antique car auctions and I see these guys raise their hand to pay $200k+ for vintage cars that I don't even know the name of! Surely it's a great deal to them but not to me....

For example my personal taste would always require an exotic sports car to be a "loud" color like yellow, white or orange, green, etc.

Save the silverstone, blue, black mudane colors for my family sedans....no offense! :)

When I shopped for an NSX, I knew it had to be orange, yellow or white. The blue is sexy too but just not for me. Red is bright but too common really.....

White / camel = Very rich, warm feeling

White / onyx = Sporty, clean and in my case, matches red seats better :wink:

Rick

say wuat?

For example my personal taste would always require an exotic sports car to be a "loud" color like yellow, white or orange, green, etc.
Since when is white considered to be "loud" & "exotic"? There's a reason why worldwide most ho'hum rental/leased/fleet cars are white. And it's not because it's "loud" and "exotic". . .

As DrVolkl alluded to, I'll expand further on the seemingly "white fetish" spiel. As I'm sure many here already know, back in the day, racing/touring cars from certain nations represented their land abroad based on color, ultimately becoming a measure of self-identity...

Italy = red
Germany = silver
France = blue
England = green
Japan = white

'Prime is obviously NSX-centric (a Japanese made vehicle) w/ enthusiasts of varying International backgrounds, but clearly most are generally from Asia (where white sporting cars have been prominent for generations). Not to mention the mystique of the NSX-R's, an unicorn for those of us residing in North America. It is Human nature to seek & covet what we can't acquire & possess. . .

Re: say wuat?

Since when is white considered to be "loud" & "exotic"? There's a reason why worldwide most ho'hum rental/leased/fleet cars are white. And it's not because it's "loud" and "exotic". . .

As DrVolkl alluded to, I'll expand further on the seemingly "white fetish" spiel. As I'm sure many here already know, back in the day, racing/touring cars from certain nations represented their land abroad based on color, ultimately becoming a measure of self-identity...

Italy = red
Germany = silver
France = blue
England = green
Japan = white

'Prime is obviously NSX-centric (a Japanese made vehicle) w/ enthusiasts of varying International backgrounds, but clearly most are generally from Asia (where white sporting cars have been prominent for generations). Not to mention the mystique of the NSX-R's, an unicorn for those of us residing in North America. It is Human nature to seek & covet what we can't acquire & possess. . .

+1 When did white become loud and exotic ..LOL

But considering this NSX is "White", an 05 (last model year), and with mileage of 9k its a good deal in my books. I'm sure if someone offered between $60 and $65k this guy would take it in this economy...that's what I'm getting at. I don't think anyone would pay $67k at this point in time...

Not to knock other deals on NSX's but there are so many Silverstones and Yellow's for sale that this White one stands out. Sure there are deals out there on these cars because that's all there is to chose from.

I do agree though that 997S's are going rather cheap but that again doesn't surprise me because there were/is way more made in the U.S.

I totally follow you here, and to what the other poster in this thread mentioned, there seems to be a following for white cars and the value is determined by the market. It truly is a gorgeous machine - I'm not a fan of white at all, but it's one of the few cars I think look great in white.

My wife's odyssey is white...with a tan leather interior.

We love it.

:)

I think white NSX's are hot for sure...but I wouldn't pay any more for one than my black one....and given a choice between a white/tan or a black/black or ever black/red, I'd chose the black car.

But that's just me!
:biggrin:

does it bother anyone that this car has been located in Hawaii?

Doesn't humid weather accelerate the aging of the vehicle?

Back