White 2005 NSX in TX now on ebay JH4NA21685S000114

Re: White 2005 NSX in TX now on ebay

I've heard about this car from a friend of mine.

Used to belong to an owner of a car dealer (one of those higher end used car places). I'll see if I can get more info about it.

They claim to have to have spent much $$$$, but changing colors on an 05 is not what I'd do. Maybe an early car but certainly not 05.

other than the BIGA$$ "A's" on the seats, what a CLEAN nsx .. nice ..
Oscar

Aye, there goes the Honda 23 step painting process :frown:

How do you figure? They didn't remove the previous paint steps. They just added a few more....but I get what you are saying...factory NSX paint is hard to beat.

that is a real bad gap god damn!!! everything else seems to be in order body wise Im not into that carbon fiber thing every where you look tho lol nice head unit tho:wink:

do you think the paint job will be a problem in the future? wonder how it looks next to GPW? can that gap be fixed? love to get more info on that car!

This is the supposed story on the car
3 owner car
was Gpw and the owner decided to paint it lambo white
it was for sale sometime last year at Expo motor cars
the current owner is now the owner of XLR8 motor cars

Im in town today and if anybody wants me to stop by and check it out let me know

Disgusting.

The rest of the GPWs just went up in value :wink:

Doh!!!

I like the interior minus the Acura symbols.

Same here. The steering wheel looks ghetto too compared to the updated look of the rest..

No one paints an '05 just to change the color. With the front gap and the paint job, there is more to this story.
A car fax may or may not state about this car's past.
Most of the mods are cosmetic to cover up something.
I don't trust it.

I could live with the paint (same color as my '08 Sequoia:tongue:) if it had a CTSC for that price. There's no rule that says you can't mod an '05- but this car definitely offends NSX purists.

No one paints an '05 just to change the color. With the front gap and the paint job, there is more to this story.
I don't trust it.

I bet there's more to the story as well, if it has passed through the hands of expo motorcars and had paint work done you can probably bet it's had some damage --recorded or unrecorded. Research expo's reputation on the exotic car forums and you'll see why some of those cars have been sitting there so long that they can't even sell them with attractive pricing. And it might be a good idea to use multiple car history reports too, carfax is commonly used by buyers and therefore the main target of evasion by some used car dealers.

Aside from some issues of personal taste...the panel fitment in front is egregious!

anybody else notice that the front windshield is tinted really really dark and then the back glass has no tint on it at all?

Shaking my head.
Oversprays on the VIN decal, filthy underhood, big gaps everwhere, absolutely no performance upgrade other than those questionable BBK, ghetto seats and door inserts. With all these mods, one could just start with a totally trashed 2002 and end up with the same current form. There is really no good reason to ruin a 2005 white NSX if there was no issue to start with. I too think there are a lot more stories and histories on this car. $70k in this economic climate? Well, to each his own.
Steve

I've seen this car in person and it had a pretty dam good paintjob.The pearl was amazing.OEM purists will rant about painting an 05 of course but then again im all in for car modding.lol.The HRE's and brakes were equally as nice.I dont know about the tinted tails and steering wheel though.

Car modding is a personal taste thing done by owners and if you don't care about resale value then go as you please.....

I saw this car on Ebay last night and first thing that came to my mind was GHETTO but you know what, some un-suspecting nsx lover will buy the car. As many of you have said there must be some history / accident / damage because no one in their right mind would paint over a super RARE 2005 GPW NSX in stock form unles they were hiding something.

This car started it's life as a 1/4 NSX's in white/onyx combination for 2005.

Now we can scratch one more off the "pristine un-molested" list....haha, good for the rest of us GPW owners :)

2005:

Grand Prix White/Onyx Manual: 4 (Sungl), Ebay JH4NA21622T000101
Grand Prix White/White Manual: 2 (HotHonda in Northwest)
Grand Prix White/Camel Manual: 1 (Kendall in Hawaii)
Grand Prix White/Onyx Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/White Auto: 0
Grand Prix White/Camel Auto: 0

I don't trust it.

haha sure they do

nsx_on_fire.jpg

= NEW PAINT, NEW INTERIOR

:biggrin:

I like the way the car looks. Don't like the big A on the seats and sure maybe its shoddy fitment but just looking at the car, it looks good to me.

Back