Which would you pick as your "other car"?

which car would you choose as your "other car"

• Caddy CTS-V

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • BMW M3

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Audi S4

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Volvo S60R

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mercedes Benz C55

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
I like the Volvo for it's "sleeper" factor, and I like the interior. Also the safty built into the car helps make it a logical choice. I just don't think it has what it takes to keep up with the performance of the other cars in its class.

The Caddy's power is impressive, all the more so considering the price. I just can't get myself to like the interior though, and I spent a good amount of time in it at the NAIAS.

The BMW sorta speaks for itself. If it was anything less than a great car, it wouldn't have won all the awards and accolades it has. It needs a smaller shifter though. That bugs me every time I see one. Also I don't know how insurance is. And the engine problems scares me a bit.

The Audi is a nice package, and seems like th best choice for the northern climate I call home. Nice performance, and very well built. Very comfortable, but I just can't get excitied about the exterior styling, which is a fairly big deal to me.

The Benz is really the new kid on the block, and is putting out a lot of hp. I like the solid feel of a Benz, but I'm afraid that the joy of driving is lessened in comparison to the BMW. Also, being newly redesigned I am concerned about reliablity. And I don't know if prices have been released yet, but I imagine it isn't going to come in as the best deal of this group.

do you mean as a daily driver car? I dunno about the volovo but the other cars i suspect don't drive well in the snow at all. Maybe possible with snow tires though.

nsxtacey said:
do you mean as a daily driver car? I dunno about the volovo but the other cars i suspect don't drive well in the snow at all. Maybe possible with snow tires though.

The Volvo and S4 would probably be the best in the winter months (September-May :p), but I think any of them would be okay with snow tires and winter driving habits...

Benz has been nothing but reliable for my family and I. But if you're looking for a daily driver, I'd go with the S4. I'm not a great fan of the new body style but to each his own. I do like AWD for the winter months though. Plus, four doors is much easier to put people in.

Conor

None of the above. The cars in the list do absolutely nothing for me. It would be the Infiniti G35 Coupe or Mazda RX-8.

I had an M3 a year and a half ago and thought it was a great drivers car, mine just had so many problems that I sold it when warranty ran out. Still a fun car though. I miss it. :(

Meeyatch1 said:
I had an M3 a year and a half ago and thought it was a great drivers car, mine just had so many problems that I sold it when warranty ran out. Still a fun car though. I miss it. :(

I am really hoping you can make it up here this year. I'd love to explore your automotive history...

Volvos are actually good vehicles, save the fact that they are now owned by Ford. Does the fact that Ford now owns them compromise or change the way they were previously manufactured? My friend is a big Volvo fan because of their safety standards.

Ah, couldn't you have put a Honda on the list or a "none of these" option? ;)

Since these are the only choices... i'd probably go the with Audi S4. Followed closely by the M3. But realistically, i'd won't buy these when i could own an Integra Type-R. :D

Although not on the list, I think the 2004 TL is a worthy addition to one's stable as a daily driver. (I am biased on this one).

I think it is the best value in a sport sedan today. Not the best, mind you, but the best value. FWD is a compromise at the limit, but is great in the snow for those of us with a real winter.

I'd go with the M3.

I just went through the same decision-process except that I wanted to stay away from sports cars. Since I already have a modified NSX, I wanted something that was comfortable and had plenty of room and was totally stress free.

If I got an M3, I know I would want wheels for it, an exhaust, etc. I ended up with an Infiniti FX45. It's fun to drive, has plenty of room (for me), looks great, handles like a car, has a nice ride, and has plenty of "luxury" features. I got just about every option there is - including satellite radio.

Back